eighteen

"i told you the trail of garden gnomes would help us capture bad jake." elaine said as vic dragged bad jake down the steps and sat him down.

"he just couldn't resist." elaine said crossing her arms. "all we had to do is spend $500 at gnome depot." eva said.

"you had your freedom. can't believe you were dumb enough to come right back to where you escaped." vic said.

"you're the one who created me. doesn't that make you the dumb one?" bad jake sassed.

"you know what? i'll answer this one for you."
colby said. "yes, the answer is yes." he said again, loudly.

"hey, why did you come back anyway?" eva said. "well, i was planning a destruction spree but i didn't want lame jake to get all the credit. so i came back to destroy him."

"plus, i kind of miss the guy who spent four minutes raising me."

"aw, that's my boy." vic said wrapping his arm around bad jake. "well, not really, but i'll take the fake love."

"wanna play a round of golf after i destroy your son?" bad jake offered. "not sure. eva, do we have anything this afternoon?"

"yeah. erasing a paper trail." eva said with her teeth gritted.

"oh, right, right, right. let's see, one second here." vic said walking over to the table and then pointing the gadget at bad jake.

"synthetic son, don't worry, this won't hurt a bit. mostly because you're a pile of fake flesh and you can't feel pain. prepare to be vaporized."

vic sent the lazer out, and bad jake held his hands up and the lazer his the cuffs, taking them away.

"you know, next time, you might not wanna tell me what you're gonna do before you do it." bad jake said.

"seriously? prepare to be vaporized? what does that even mean? how does one prepared to be vaporized?" elaine said, repeatedly hitting vic.

"i don't know. i was picturing a fetal position, maybe some begging. in my head, it was very dramatic."

"i'll take that." bad jake, taking the gadget out of vic's hands.

"oh, shrink ray. seems fun." he said switching the setting. "no, wait. on second thought, it's a beautiful day for golf. we could use the clubhouse. you like blts?" vic said.

bad jake shot the lazer out, shrinking vic and eva, and then they screamed.

"oh, looks like now we can play mini golf." bad jake said.

then he pointing it at elaine and colby, and hs shot his hands up. "uh-uh. i just hit my growth spurt, no way i'm going back. and you're not taking my girlfriend."

colby grabbed elaine, pulling her close to him and then they both turned invisible.

"colby what the heck just happened." elaine said, as she couldn't see her body.

"i just did the thing they do in movies to make two people invisible, a-and it worked!" colby said

"where'd you go?" bad jake said looking around. "ha ha! he ghosted you. but technically he turned invisible but the joke still works!" vic said.

"i don't have time for this. i have another brother to take out." bad jake said turning to the stairs.

"colby, activate the lockdown mode." vic said, and colby quickly let go of elaine.

she turned visible again, and stood there praying bad jake wouldn't see her.

colby his the lockdown switch and then ran back, holding his girlfriend and making her invisible.

"ah, now you're trapped without the key." vic said. "well, looks like if i'm gonna get that key, i'm gonna have to end up taking out both brothers after all. and maybe even his girlfriend." bad jake said shrugging.

"where are you two!" bad jake said. "over here!"colby said.

he moved, still holding elaine. "no. over here." bad jake shot the spot he heard colby from, missing entirely.

"over here!" elaine yelled out, and then bad jake went around, trying to find them.