twelve

"it's been hours since celia saw that footage." eva groaned. "i got all the essentials in case we need to make a quick escape. like cash, toilet paper, and a backpack full of cereal." eva said.

"great! oh, by the way, i spent all your money, used all your toilet paper, poured milk in your backpack, and ate your cereal."

celia came in, "celia! wonderful of you to stop by without any feds, which is what we call people who've just eaten because they've been fed." vic said.

"stop me anytime." vic whispered to eva. "celia, you left so suddenly before. by the way, why did you leave so suddenly before?"

"let's not make this weird. we all know i saw something on the footage that made me so upset i had to go hatchet tossing." celia said.

"well, that's one way to cope with something shocking." eva said. "we're dead." she whispered too vic.

elaine rushed in hearing her grandmother's voice, and colby had followed. "celia, whatever you saw in that footage, we just want you to know we're trying to keep a low profile." vic said.

"we don't wanna expose ourselves too much." he continued.

"believe me, i saw plenty. and you should be ashamed of yourself." celia said to vic. "me?"

"yes, you!" celia said. "are we talking about the same thing?" vic questioned. "you tell me."

celia showed the phone to everyone, shoving vic who was stretching outside, and suddenly his robe opened.

"whoa! whoa!" colby, jake, and elaine all said turning away.

colby covered elaine's eyes, and she sucked her teeth as she ripped them off. "oh, dude, no!"

"what is wrong with you? i could never unsee that." colby said. "i think i'm gonna bleach my eyes out." elaine whispered.

"oh, like you're all so perfect. you act like you've never felt the crisp morning dew on your-" vic started. "no!" they all shouted.

"so celia, aside from vic's undergarments, is there anything else you saw on the footage?" eva asked.

"just a mama bird mouth feeding her baby. so wholesome. unlike your filthy little movie i had to watch."

"celia, you have my word. i will never again walk outside of the house sans pants." vic said.

"it's sans." eva corrected, even thought they sounded the same. "seriously, eva, i can't with you."

"i don't need your word. i took down all the security cameras. i'd rather be robbed blind than see that again." celia said.

"thank goodness, i don't need my girlfriend witnessing anything worse." colby said, grabbing elaine's waist.

"oh you stupid boy." elaine said rubbing her head.

"your what." celia said, turning around from the door.

"girl friend, with a space. female friend." colby said.

celia narrowed her eyes at colby, and then turned to elaine. "time for me to give you not the talk, but the talk." celia said.

elaine groaned, the talk all people in their families got when they got their first boyfriend or girlfriend.

"no, no no, i'm not ready!" elaine said, holding on closer to colby.

"you seem ready when started dating this little...mmh. let's go." celia said, grabbing elaine's arm and pulling her towards the door.

"no, no, stop!" elaine yelled as she got dragged out the door, her screams still being heard after they left.

-

the madden family was all sitting in their living room, as vic came in from the kitchen.

"so everyone saw dad in his underwear." amy said. vic groaned in annoyance. "get it out of my head. get it out of my head." jake said holding onto a pillow.

"i don't understand. you can build a device that sends people to other dimensions and you can't tie a knot in a bathrobe?" eva said.

"no, too tricky. what am i, a sailor?" vic said. "i still don't understand. if colby was clearly using his super speed on camera, how is it not on any of celia's footage?" jake said.

"because i deleted it." colby said, smirking. "what?"

"yeah, when celia put her phone down, i just scrolled through and deleted the footage. she had no idea." he said.

"that's impossible. even with your super speed, we would've seen you do it." vic said. "it wasn't my super speed. i didn't know how to tell you, but there's something else i can do."

"it's something totally unexpected."

"well, spit out." eva said. "yeah, hurry up." jake added. "i don't know, i kinda like the intrigue." vic said.

"this."

colby turned invisible, and the entire family shot forward in shock. "i got another power. invisibility!"

he turned back visible, "you got another power?" jake said. "how is that even possible?" amy said confused.

"you've kept this to yourself?" eva said. "well..no. elaine knows. she was the first person i told."

"wow..." jake said, shaking his head. "she's my girlfriend come on, and you guys. you're just you." colby said.

"every generation has one villain with multiple types of power." vic said. "what does that mean?" colby asked.

"son...i think you're the chosen one."

nayah speaks !

DUN DUN DUNNN

imagine being able to say ur dating the chosen one? get like elaine