fourteen

elaine ran to the main area of the school, her messages with hartley wide open.

"911, got your message what's up." she said once she got there.

"is that...mr tennyson?" elaine whisper yelled. "principal tennyson now." amy said.

"oh come on!" elaine groaned. "can we please talk about the situation at hand now!" hartley whispered.

"is that not the situation?" elaine said. "no, look. we accidentally released one of mr. madden's gases, and it was a memory loss gas. it was supposed to be for mr. tennyson so he could forget he ever gave amy and i detention."

"but mr. madden smelled it and now he has no memory for a while and he has his interview like..now!"

"the 911 was not necessary." elaine crossed her arms.

"no listen. colby doesn't want to shapeshift into his dad to help us. tennyson just left, so please convince him quick."

elaine sighed, looking at colby who was sitting at one of the chairs far away.

"fine, i will like to be payed in a shopping spree. my works aren't for free." elaine said.

she walked to colby, pulling up a chair next to him.

"they sent you to convince me didn't they." colby said, and elaine nodded.

"no need, i've decided to do it." colby said. "well i also wanted to talk to you..."

"i'm sorry about this morning, i just didn't want to too you about all those problems with my parents. i don't want to dump all my problems on you." elaine said.

"i'll never feel like that. i like listening to you. but, it's like the more powers i get the more you distance yourself from me. i thought you would like my powers, it's like the only reason you hang around me!"

"what, no. no never." elaine said. "you took me out to hang out as soon as you found out we were villians and had powers."

"that was a coincidence. when i came into the kitchen i was already planning on taking you. and i don't like you for your powers, it's an additional factor."

"colbs, i like how you have beanies and shoes to match all your outfits, how you were brave enough to try and get me to like you on the first day we met, i didn't even know your name!"

"and...i like how sweet you are to me. i like..no i love how you look at me like i'm the only girl in the world."

"cause in my eyes lainey, you are the only girl in the world, in my world." colby smiled.

he leaned in, holding elaine's waist as he kissed her gently.

he was calmed by her words, and colby finally got the reassurance he needed.

"hey lovebirds, wrap it up. tennyson is coming back!" hartley said worried.

"you owe me a new gaming console amy." colby said, getting up and pulling away from elaine.

he shapeshifted into his dad, and then principal tennyson arrived.

"okay i have relieved myself and now mr. madden i can do your interview." he said, and colby sat down.

"hartley, elaine, you gotta help me." amy said. "why are you roping us into this?" hartley asked.

"because getting this job means a lot to my dad and i don't wanna be the reason he loses it." amy said.

hartley scoffed, "fine. i'll help. we'll help." "we will?" elaine said shocked.

"great. throw him in the janitor's closet." amy said. "why?" vic whispered. "um... because you're the janitor!" elaine said, grabbing him and moving him away.

"wait. i'm a dad and a janitor? where do i find the time?" vic said again. "he really is gone geez." elaine said.

"all right, mr. madden."

"that's me. boom. nailed it." colby said as he crossed his feet on a ledge. "okay. why do you think you'll be a good fulltime teacher?"

"a lot of reasons."

"oh, i have to say them?"

"no. we can play hangman and i'll guess them." the principal said. "cool. i'll go sharpen my pencil." colby said sitting up. "you're gonna need to sharpen more than a pencil."