nine

elaine layed in her bed, tissues surrounding her bed, as he kicked her feet and sobbed.

eva, who came to check on her on request of celia saw the girl and went right to her.

"elaine honey what's wrong." eva said rushing over, sititng on the edge of the bed.

"i miss him, i miss colby!" elaine said still crying. "we're going to get him elaine." eva said.

"it's not only that, i like him. not as a friend, like a crush. i've known for a while now." she said wiping her tears.

"finally! you were the only one who didn't see it." eva said.

"i hate liking boys, i hate liking my best friend." elaine said banging her head on the bed.

-

"okay. i am this close to getting our colby back." vic said coming from the lair.

elaine was over at the madden's house, and was making french fries.

"you've been saying you're this close for weeks." elaine said rolling her eyes. "you're running out of daylight there, chief." eva added.

"i am but one man, the strapping intellectually magnificent man, but one man nonetheless."

"yeah, get off his back." colby said. "i just miss my little colbs with his cute little boy stink and its ability to choose solid foods. i don't think i can blend him another meal."

"this turkey burger is delicious, mom." "and we all know elaine misses her little boyfriend." eva teased.

"i'm not even gonna try to defend myself." elaine said throwing her hands up. "

"look, fixing broken shapeshifters is new territory for me, so if i'm taking longer than usual, it's just because i don't wanna get it wrong, again." vic said.

"don't worry, we know you'll bring our boy back. right, colbs?" eva said, except colby had fallen asleep.

"oh, great, he's nodded off again. okay. come on, buddy. napping on a full stomach is gonna bring on the old mantudes." eva said.

there was a woosh, and then colby turned back into his normal state. "colby oh, colb, baby."eva said.

elaine stood there, she was frozen. colby was back, but she liked him. and he didn't know that. oh no. 

"oh. i fixed him. all that work and all it took was a firm wiggle."

"yes, i'm me again. they're not saggy anymore." colby said feeling his stomach. "our boy is back, finally. no more having to pretend i'm this close to fixing him." vic said.

all these of the people looked at vic, "i mean, yay, i don't have to do any more work."

as soon as vic said that colby went back to being old. "and i spoke too soon."

-

"so why am i doing this?" colby said as he pogo-sticked around the lab.

"your father thinks that performing a fun useful activity will keep you from shifting back into old colby." eva said.

colby then tripped and transformed right into old colby. "well, it was just a theory." vic said.

"all this quick shape shifting between young and old is weakening your molecular structure. this device measures just how stable you are."

vic brought the small device and scanned it across colby. "where is it at now?" elaine asked.

"on a scale from one to ten, you're down to five and a half vics." elaine and eva looked at him weirdly, vics?