thirty

"and then some girl, who was onyx's daughter tried to kill amy, and was impersonating her to us! but she's gone now..cause starling helped us, isn't that crazy!" colby said as him and elaine walked back from the park hand in hand.

"i can't believe i missed all of that, that's kinda depressing. i wasn't even that sick i just felt something come over me when we came back from centropolis."

"all that matters is that you're better now." colby said, squeezing elaine's hand tighter.

he took out his key, putting it in the front door of his house.

when the door opened, the madden's were all sat on the couch, tape on their mouths, as they struggled to get up even though nothing was holding them back.

there was two people standing as they talked, and turned once they saw the door open.

"elaine!" the people said, walking towards the girl.

elaine panicked, using her kinetic manipulation and moving the people away from her.

she stopped seeing who the people was, and it shocked her more than anything.

"mom? dad?"

"elaine, oh how much we missed you." her dad said hugging his daughter.

"get off of me." elaine said pushing him back. "and let my family go."

"oh elaine who's this?" her mom asked. "colby, her boyfriend. and again let my family go."

"do it, now." elaine said to her parents. her mom then reached behind and twisted her hand, and the madden's sighed loudly.

"what the- you didn't even move." colby said quietly.

"elaine those aren't your parents! they're villians! domanatrix and apex" vic said

"mr. madden you're insane. these are literally my parents. i think i would know, you can't dislike people you don't know..sometimes." elaine siad:

"he's right. we are, i used to be number two in charge of all villians. surge's mortal enemy." her mom said.

"no, you're lying. you're ava and wyatt brown. my parents? remember, well probably not but." elaine said.

"yes we are them too but also villians. that's why we've been gone your whole life, and that's also the reason why we're back."

"aunt and uncle? grandma said you were here! what are you doing back." hartley said as she walked into the madden house.

"they were kinda getting to that hartley." amy said with an annoyed smile.

"hi hartley, just give us a second." wyatt said. "this better be good, i don't wanna see you guys at all." elaine sighed.

"have you..had any signs of fire control? summoning fire?" ava said.

"uh..yeah? a few weeks ago."

elaine and her mom then spoke at the same time, shocking everyone.

"then i got a bit sick after."

"then you got a bit sick after."

"how do you..how do you know that." elaine said quietly.

"the true flame, i thought that was a myth." vic said, walking over to elaine.

"i should've seen the signs." vic shook his head.

"dad, what are you talking about?" colby said, pulling elaine close to him.

"i should've known since you drank that potion, that should've been it."

"potion?" wyatt asked. "i drank this thing mr. madden made and it gave me mind control and mind moving powers. not a big deal."

"your body took it too well, i should've known sometimes was up."

"okay, what's the true flame?" jake said, as him, eva, and amy all walked over.

mr. brown went into his pocket, taking out a small book.

"you might want to all sit for this."

everyone went over to the couch, and mr. brown started to read.

"the tale of the true flame."

"back when centropolis was just being formed. there were four villians, who were said to be the base of all of villian powers that were ever to come after them, and they were.."

"aquarine, who controlled water, ignis, who controlled fire. terrune, who controlled the earth and all its's land, and then aerion, who controlled the air."

"as they began to form their city which they knew would be ruled by villians, and were they would stay, the villians were confused as to how they were supposed to make centropolis different and unique."

"as they thought this, they believed they should hide something, that would add a mystery to their town."

"so ignis took out some of her power, or as they all say since no one understands how she did that, aerion made it able to penetrate wind and air, terrune made it able to stay within the earth, not going down to the core or all, and aquarine unabled the fire to be destroyed by water."

"they hid this, and believed the true flame would only come out of the spot when it found a true heir, someone that would be able to harness it and control it well. and even as the time this is being wrote...nobody has ever gotten the true flame."

"wow...if someone got that, they would be unstoppable." amy said after the story was done.

"wanna share elaine?" she smiled at the girl, leaning over. nayah: laugh track who?

"okay wait wait wait, and how do you know for a fact that i have the true flame." elaine said crossing her arms.

"for one, your mom's side of the family are all descendants of ignis, and, you didn't get a power when you were 10, which is when you're supposed to get it." mr. brown said.

"and now you had that moment with the fire, legend says it's triggered by rage. were you angry?" ms. brown asked.

"yes. very." elaine quietly answered. "well, that checks off all our boxes."

"elaine, you have the true flame."

nayah speaks !!

bloom DUPE.