Chapter 12

I sat in the backseat of the Jeep as Peter sat in the passenger's seat beside a silent Stiles.

    "Don't feel bad. If she lives, she'll become a werewolf. She'll be incredibly powerful." Peter said to Stiles.

    Stiles scoffed. "Yeah, and once a month, she'll go out of her freaking mind and try to tear me apart."

    Peter looked back at me, then turned back around "Well, actually, considering that she's a woman...twice a month. Also, Parker—"

    "Hey, hey!" Stiles snapped at my uncle. "You don't get to talk to her after what you did. Got it?"

    Peter smirked a little, but nodded. "Whatever you say. Parker's going to come to me eventually."

    "I'm good. I don't want to turn out a psycho like you." I answered my uncle, keeping my arms crossed.

"That's hurtful, Parker. Out of everyone, I'd think you would understand why I am the way I am." my uncle said.

"I witnessed almost my entire family get burned to death as well at the age of six, and I didn't turn out like you at all." I told him.

"It's true," Stiles said, glancing momentarily at me before looking back at the road. "When I look at Parker, I only see good. Not a crazy, murdering psychopath like you."

    The rest of the drive to the hospital was silent, and Peter directed Stiles to park the Jeep in the parking garage; Stiles helping me out and the two of us following Peter as he walked up to a black car.

    "Whose car is this?" Stiles asked Peter.

    "It belonged to my nurse." Peter answered as he got the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the trunk.

    "What happened to your n—Oh, my God!" Stiles said, grabbing onto my arm in shock at the nurse's dead body in the trunk.

    "I got better." Peter answered dryly, moving the nurse's pale arm over her head as he grabbed a grey bag from the trunk, closing it and opening the bag, taking out his laptop.

    Stiles scoffed. "Good luck getting a signal down here." Peter handed him an AT&T card, opening up the laptop and typing in a few keys to unlock the computer. "Oh...MiFi...and you're a Mac guy! Does that go for all werewolves, or just a personal preference?"

    "Personal preference. My brother and I have never really been a computer family." I answered Stiles.

    Peter looked at us with an annoyed expression. "Turn it on. Get connected."

    Stiles sighed and looked at the card. "You know, you're really killing the whole werewolf-mystique thing here," he sighed as he turned the computer towards him. "Look, you still need Scott's username and password, and I'm sorry, but I don't know them."

    Peter looked at Stiles. "You know both of them."

    "No, I don't." Stiles answered.

    "Even if I couldn't hear your heartbeat, I would still be able to tell that you're lying."

    "Dude, I swear to God—"

    "I can be very persuasive, Stiles. Don't make me persuade you. I'd hate to bloody up my beloved niece's face." Peter said.

    Stiles looked worriedly at me, then looked at Peter, stepping in front of me. "You wouldn't hurt your own niece."

    Peter shrugged. "Are you really willing to risk that?"

    Stiles looked back at me before sighing and starting to type. "What happens after you find Derek?"

    "Don't think, Stiles—type." Peter replied.