Chapter 39

The twins walked up to me as I headed for the school. "Hey. Parker, got a second?" Aiden asked me.

"Um...sure. What's up?" I asked him as his brother went on to find Scott and Stiles.

"Do you think you could put in a good work with Scott? As you know, Omegas can't survive long on their own." Aiden said.

"Aiden, it's not that Scott doesn't like you. He likes everybody. But if you want to be a part of his pack, you need to show him that he can trust you." I said as we walked up the stone stairs.

"Trust me?" Aiden echoed.

I nodded. "Yeah. I know that might be a foreign concept to you, but if you really want to be part of his pack, you need to stop thinking every solution to some new threat is 'kill it'"

Scott came up to us with Stiles and Ethan. "You're back in school?"

"No, just to talk." Aiden answered.

"Oh, that's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually you're just hurting, maiming, and killing..." Stiles listed off.

"You need a pack. We need an Alpha." Aiden said.

Stiles scoffed. "Yeah, absolutely not! That's hilarious, though."

"You came to us for help—we helped." Aiden replied.

"You beat his face into a blood pulp! That's not helping—in my opinion, that's actually counter-productive." Stiles pointed out.

"Why would I say yes?" Scott asked.

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no." Aiden said.

"I can think of one...like, the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd. In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now." Isaac said as he walked up to us.

"You want to try?" Aiden growled.

"Hey," I smacked Aiden's arm lightly, having him calm down. "Stop it."

Stiles looked at me, then flicked his eyes to Aiden, and his eyes narrowed.

"Sorry, but they don't trust you...and neither do I." Scott said.

I followed my friends as they walked away, turning back to the twins. "I'll do my best."

"Thanks, Parker." Ethan smiled.

I caught up with Scott and Stiles as they entered the building.

"Hey, dude! Good decision, buddy! Good Alpha decision." Stiles said to his best friend.

"I hope so..."

"No, you know so. Then I can take—What are you looking at?" Stiles asked, noticing Scott was looking faraway.

Scott looked back at him. "Me?"

"You. You looking at her?" Stiles pointed to Kira.

Scott looked at Kira, then Stiles. "Her? Who her?"

"Her her—Kira. You like her?"

Scott shook his head. "No. I mean...yeah. Yeah, she's okay. She's new."

"So, ask her out." I told him.

"Now?" Scott asked.

Stiles nodded. "Yes, now."

"Right now?" Scott looked frightened.

Stiles looked at me, then his friend. "Right now, Scott! I don't think you get it, yet. You're an Alpha. You're the apex predator! Everyone wants you! You're like the hot girl that every guy wants."