Chapter 33

Stiles, Scott, and I got out of the Jeep and ran towards the school, meeting up with Allison as she ran around the corner.

"Where is she?" I asked her.

"Over here." Allison led the three of us towards where Lydia stood, her face ghostly pale as she shivered in the slight wind.

"Lydia?" Stiles said

She looked up at us. "It's the same thing—same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here...and you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked.

She shook her head. "Not yet..."

Stiles looked at her in silence. "Not yet?" What do you mean, "not yet?" Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on." Lydia replied stubbornly.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body!" Stiles argued.

A sharp tang filled my nose and I looked towards Scott, following his gaze to where a dead police officer laid across the Beacon Hills High School stone wall, blood dripping down the stone. "Guys...?" I got the others' attention.

Scott looked at me, then looked at the others, pointing to the dead officer. "We found the dead body."

My phone rang in my pocket, startling all of us; apologizing and then walking away to take the call, hearing Derek's voice on the other end.

"Hey, Parker."

"About time you called! I thought you were dead!" I said exasperatedly.

"You would have felt it if I died, Park."

I nodded. "I take it you aren't calling to say you'll be home tomorrow?"

"No, sorry. I need to take care of something. I'll be back in a few days, though. Okay?"

I sighed. "Fine. Be careful out there, Derek."

"Always am. Are you staying with Cora or Stiles?"

"Neither. Cora asked for some space for a few days, and Stiles has his own problems. I'm staying with Uncle Peter for the time being." I answered him.

"Peter?! Parker, you can't—"

"Derek. I appreciate you looking out for me. I really do. But trust that I can make my own decisions." I told him.

"I do, Parker. By the way, happy early birthday."

I smiled. "Thanks. Bye."

"Bye. Miss you."

I hung up my phone and headed back to where the other were, still looking at the body. "Hey. Allison, do you mind giving me a lift to Peter's? You guys seem like you have a lot of catching up to do."

She nodded. "Yeah. Sure. I'll keep you updated as we figure things out."

"I'll pick you up before school tomorrow for breakfast." Stiles said to me with a smile.

I smiled back at him and walked with Allison to her car, the two of us getting in and starting the car, heading to my uncle's apartment downtown.

                             ========