Chapter 48

I sat between Scott and Isaac, holding each of their hands as Parrish questioned us about Allison's death; Stiles and Kira had gone to her house earlier with Kira's mom, trying to figure out how Allison killed one of the Oni.

"Can you remember anything else? Anything else? Isaac...?" Parrish asked him.

Isaac shook his head. "I'm sorry...it just happened so fast..."

Parrish looked at me. "Parker?"

I looked at Parrish. "..no. Nothing else..."

Parrish nodded, opening up the door for the three of us. "You three go on home. I'm sorry for this."

"Thanks, Parrish.." I looked at him and smiled a little before we walked out of the sheriff's station, seeing Argent and Melissa standing by their cars.

Melissa hugged her son first, and he walked to the car door, closing it; Melissa turned to me. "Parker? Dear, do you want to come home with us tonight?"

I looked at her. "I appreciate it, Ms. McCall. But...I'm—I'm just going to head back to the loft."

She looked at Isaac. "Isaac?"

"I'm going to stay with Argent tonight." he answered.

She nodded, and got into her car, driving off.

Argent looked at the two of us, opening the door. "I'll drive you to the loft."

========

"—should be fine in a couple hours—unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." Derek said to the twins once I finally managed to get out of bed and make my way down into the loft.

    "Look who finally decided to get up, princess." Aiden said.

    "I'm not in the mood, Aiden." I said, walking by him.

    "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." he muttered.

    I grabbed onto his shirt and flung him into a pillar. "Don't test me today, Aiden."

    Aiden groaned and got up, dusting himself off. "Lydia's with Scott. We need to go." he directed towards his twin.

    "You're gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek asked.

    "I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide, like any sane person would do." Aiden corrected.

    "And Danny?" Derek looked at Ethan.

    "Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?" Ethan said, but with more emotion than Aiden.

    "I think Danny won't believe you...and Lydia would never run and hide." Derek answered.

    "Because of Stiles?" Aiden asked.

    "Because of Scott." Derek corrected. "You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust. Trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong this whole time. You don't fight for a leader—you fight for a leader's cause. Scott's always been about one thing—saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning? He keeps fighting. When all hope is lost? He finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!"

    "....let's go, Ethan." Aiden said, grabbing Ethan's arm and the two of them walking out of the loft.

    Derek turned to me, his gaze going soft. "I'm sorry. About Allison."