Chapter 34

I picked up the phone when I saw Scott's ID staring back at me. "Scott? What's going on that couldn't wait until tomorrow?"

Derek and I had left the hospital and both stayed at the loft that night, skipping the recital that was going on tonight.

"It's Miss Blake."

"What's Miss Blake?" I asked.

"The Darach! Parker, Miss Blake's the Darach! She took Stiles' dad. She almost killed Lydia, and she killing all those people! You need to tell Derek!"

The phone connection cut off and I took it away from my ear, heading down the stairs. "Derek! I need to talk to you—Miss Blake? What are you doing in here?" I asked once I saw her standing there.

She ignored my question and ran straight at Derek, hugging him tightly.

"Oh." I looked at them, then made a face of horror and disgust. "Ew."

Miss Blake looked at Derek, still ignoring me. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them."

"From who?" Derek asked, glancing over at me.

"Scott, Stiles...they're gonna tell you things—things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?" Derek asked.

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise." Derek nodded.

She looked at Derek for a long time. "...they're already here, aren't they?"

"No. But I just got a call from Scott." I said to her, gaining her attention for the first time since she got here.

She looked at me. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"He told me that you're the one killing people." I answered, having Derek step away from her, and closer to me.

She scoffed. "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour—that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense."

"Where's Stiles' dad?" I asked.

She shook her head. How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this?"

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek asked.

  "No!" She denied.

My eyes blazed a bright silver and I grabbed onto her throat, pinning her to a pillar as my claws dig into her throat, drawing blood. "Tell me where he is!"

The door opened and Scott and Stiles ran into the loft, stopping once they saw the two of us.

"I don't know where the Sheriff is!" she looked at Derek. "Derek! Your sister's a psycho!"

Derek smiled a little. "Actually, this is her being calm."

"Parker. Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Scott said to me.

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!" Miss Blake said.

"Then what do you know?" Derek asked.

"I know that these boys—" she looked at Derek

"Don't look at my brother." I snapped at her.

"Parker," Derek said. "Let her go so we can hear her out."

I looked at him. "What if she tries to run?"