Prologue (1)

Walking along the corridors of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, Sebas crossed through another teleportation gate, the last in his journey to the First Floor. Walking across the threshold, Sebas fixed his uniform and dusted any debris that could have fallen on it – not that it was disheveled or dirty in any way after the teleportation. Sebas always took great caution to keep his suit pristine and well-kept at all times, his suit bestowed upon him by his Creator, Lord Touch Me, would never be tainted or wrinkled. Alas, his Lord's words had made Sebas experience something akin to nervousness.

His Lord, the last of the Supreme Ones, Momonga, had uttered unexpected words about a situation that had suddenly and profoundly changed, which had led to his current unusual assignment. Sebas was to go to the surface from his post in the 10th Floor, something very unusual.

Sebas had spent his entire life on the tenth floor of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, fulfilling the primary function entrusted to him by his creator. Protecting the Throne Hall and the Holy of Holiest of the Great Tomb, the Hall in which the Forty-One Supreme Beings once proclaimed the power of Ainz Ooal Gown, is his duty. Sebas and the six Sisters of the Pleiades then performed a sacred function, their duty the most enviable of all, for they were to give as much time as possible to the Forty-One before They assembled for the final battle.

Only Albedo's, whose duty was to fight side by side with the Forty-One, and Pandora's Actor, the personal creation of Lord Momonga outweighed theirs. A creation that Sebas had never met in person, whose duty was to buy as much time as possible in the treasury, allowing the Forty-One to return and strike another blow, in the very back of the enemy... This was the first time that Sebas had done anything other than his duty, so perhaps it couldn't be helped that he would be 'nervous'.

Sebas had never left the confines of the Great Tomb, but he knew of exactly what lay beyond — the swamps of Helheim, full of creatures of level eighty and above. A swamp where the water was drenched with poison, the air covered with an acid mist, and the ground was full of steel grass that could easily pierce or destroy ordinary armor at a misstep.

It was one of the Great Tomb's best defenses, few were able to pass through these swamps to pose a danger to the Great Tomb and Ainz Ooal Gown.

Master Momonga, however, ordered Sebas to survey the lands around the Tomb as He had felt a great disturbance – and Sebas was willing to sacrifice his life if he had to, to do so.

Sebas traversed the final spans of the first floor, to the stairs leading to the surface, before appearing at the Tomb's threshold, glancing ahead and pausing for a moment. "Now... That's unusual."

As far as Sebas knew – the Great Tomb of Nazarick was located in Helheim's marshes, not...

In a void of nothingness.

Sebas shook his head, trying to see if his mind was affected by the illusion, as his resistance to those was great, but Sebas did not possess powers like [True Sight]. Of course, he could use his powers to forcibly clear his mind, and unless his opponent was using Super-tier magic or a World Class Item so he did so, and nothing changed. It should have cleared his mind of the illusions affecting his perception – however, the picture before him was unchanged.

The Great Tomb of Nazarick - at least its upper mausoleum and the ruins of the colonnade, along with the smaller mausoleums around it, were all in their place. The building standing on mounds exactly where they had been located in the past... Except, the mounds only extended a few paces from the walls of the Great Tomb, its farthest walls – beyond that, there was only emptiness.

A black, impenetrable void.

"This is definitely unusual... " Sebas was not blessed by his Creator to be as clever as Albedo, Pandora's Actor, or the Demiurge, but for a moment he allowed the thought that even they could not easily make sense of the picture before his eyes. Only their master, Lord Momonga, the Leader of the Forty-One Supreme Beings, could discern anything about the situation at the moment.