Overlord of a High School (27)

Momonga could finally breathe a little freely, not because he was sure that his actions could not lead to a negative result, but because now the result of what had happened was no longer in his hands. Finally, Momonga could relax a little.

One of the most critical issues that occupied his mind, besides the Demons at least, was the subject of magic in this world. That is, the fact that paranormal beings were hidden from ordinary people partially answered the question of why magic was not massively known in this world, but he never got any answer to the question as to why. And that lack of information limited his list of possible actions on Earth very much.

Once again, he was forced to confront the fact that this world is radically different from his own... As if the giant dragon and fallen Angels didn't already attest to the fact. Though he had to admit, with how the paranormal acted, there at least exist the possibility that the paranormal existed in his world, only very carefully hidden.

Maybe some kind of ancient treaties of non-interference, or maybe even a special police units dealing with the separation between the world of the paranormal and ordinary people? Of course, it wasn't that likely, but the current state of affairs with the separation between the two worlds had to have some justification, didn't it?

And it was with this reasoning that Momonga planned to find out. Thanks to a fortunate coincidence, the girl he had noticed earlier had followed him, perhaps to find more information about him... This could be his chance, a Demon that Momonga could isolate to a location of his choosing.

Initially, Momonga had assumed that the best course of action was to take her under mind control and alter her memory. But the Hanzo, who had joined him at Demiurge's order, had slipped into her shadow before Momonga had time to decide on a suitable place to ambush her. Momonga had already forgotten that he had summoned a Hanzo at all!

But of course, as one would expect, when Momonga contacted the Hanzo with [Message], the latter only reported back in a respectful tone that he had proceeded with his plan...

Momonga's plans, that is... If only this other Momonga would be so kind as to tell him what they were supposed to be!

This time, though, Momonga's ingenious 'plan' didn't seem to have backfired on him, but actually worked as he needed it to. The Hanzo hiding in the girl's shadow was a perfect opportunity to observe her and her surroundings stealthily. Maybe he could even have a chance to eavesdrop on the Demon's meeting with the other Demons so that Momonga could learn of their plans, or even what they might have learned about him!

More than that, Momonga thought, he had been quite successful in taking a chance in confirming the paranormal's view in bringing in the mundanes into their world. Revealing information to Saji about the paranormal world whist the Demon could hear, would force the girl to report to her superiors, and from there Momonga could learn of their response to such a thing with the Hanzo listening in.

Worse comes to worst, Momonga could easily use [Control Amnesia] and make it as if he had never met Saji in the first place. It would be quite the waste of MP, but it might be much better than if the paranormal's' response to the Masquerade being broken is full-out war. Though Momonga doubt that such a thing would come to pass – of course the's also the risk of the Hanzo being discovered...

Maybe he should switch out the Hanzo to a better summoned monster? The Hanzos might be good enough for simple reconnaissance, but he's simply too low-leveled, being easily detected by level 100 Players with any levels in the [Ranger] class...

However, it was most likely an acceptable risk. So far, the information gathered by Pandora's Actor and analyzed by the Demiurge did not indicate that one of the known powerful Demons was specialized in classes for detecting hidden enemies. But at the same time, Hanzo's summoning was costly enough that Momonga, having instructed Hanzo to try to escape unnoticed in case of danger, decided to went on about his business taking things one at a time. Now, rather than thinking further about the Demons, he was recounting his interaction with Saji.