Overlord of a High School (28)

After ending his hectic day and arriving back at Miki's house, Momonga was prepared to relax with Albedo and Shalltear out of the house. That is, before he was interrupted by a report from Demiurge before he could even open the front door. Listening to the comprehensive report of not only the relationship between the paranormal and normal society, but also an in-depth report about the Fallen Angels, Momonga was shocked.

How!? It hasn't even been a day since Demiurge came here, and he already has so much information? Really capable people are just built different.

Hearing about the report further, it seems that the Fallen Angels had sent a spy that had subsequently been captured and interrogated.

Momonga didn't know if he should be worried about the fact that, behind his back, Demiurge had brilliantly executed the operation of capturing the spy sent to gather information about Momonga himself. After all, Momonga himself had only learned about the incident after the fact. But at the same time, this indicated that Demiurge could function perfectly well within his own initiative, without Momonga having to monitor his every action.

This in turn frightened Momonga a bit at just how amazingly outstanding his subordinates were. But at the same time, it caused a strange surge of... Pride within him. Like a father watching his children grow to become better than themselves, becoming professionals in their own right... Though, perhaps, it would be fine if the NPCs didn't adopt all of their parent's qualities.

In any case, setting aside the slight nostalgia that engulfed Momonga for a moment, through some coincidence, Demiurge had managed to capture a spy of the Fallen Angels. And considering the fact that he was equipped with a [World Class Item], or, a [Longinus] as it is called in this world, he must be some high-ranking spy... Which was now placed in the [Treasury] of Nazarick.

Momonga, for his part, instantly wanted to return to Nazarick as soon as he heard about it, but through emotional suppression and iron-clad discipline he managed to suppress that impulse, at least for a while. The subject of a new [World Class Item] had to be shelved for the time being, something that Momonga himself wanted to find an excuse to stop showing up at the school, to devote all his time to his experiments... And in no small part in a desire to skip school.

Momonga's imminent escape from school aside, judging from the information provided by the Hanzo, the demons were planning to hold a meeting with him. Depending on how the meeting goes, he might have reason enough to skip school... Though most likely because the school no longer existed.

According to the Hanzo, this meeting would be attended by the strongest Demons, two of them to be exact, the ones that Momonga suspected of possessing the hundredth level...

That fact, at least, could serve as a great excuse for Momonga skipping school!

Moreover, Momonga could even complain to the Demons that they were interrupting his education, daydreaming counts right!? And could perhaps even get some concessions or even rare items from them! Or, if he could only hope, perhaps even using their actions as an excuse for not wanting to attend school anymore, something like 'what's the point if you won't let me continue my education at this academy anyway?'

In addition, according to the information, the Demons feared Momonga a lot, mistaking him for some kind of local deity of this world, which was not true, but Momonga himself did not plan to dissuade the Demons in any way. Every wrong assumption about him was an additional ace up his sleeve.

In any case, the local Demons feared his presence and planned to be very careful and courteous when talking and dealing with Momonga, which was good. But, at the same time, they did not want to underestimate him, which meant that the supposed negotiations would have to take place, albeit in a calm and respectful manner, but with a significant power advantage for the Demons. And Momonga could not allow that to happen.