Prologue (4)

Momonga worked as fast as he could, pulling off the theft of a potential World Class Item from under a potential enemy's nose in a textbook-example fashion.

However, the [Gate] he opened did not lead back to the Frozen Prison. Although that place was probably more suited to holding an enemy on a long term basis, at this point, with the suspicion that the guy possessed a World Class Item, it was too dangerous to leave him unsupervised.

The [Throne of Kings] blocked the use of World Class Items (WCI) in Nazarick and whose target was Nazarick, but it was a necessary risk for the tantalizing treasure that he's fishing. It is almost a miracle and a half to find a low-leveled character possessing a World Class item. But then, with its nature as an incredibly random find, it's no surprise that a low-level player could actually find one. It is also equally no surprise that the guy just got PKed.

Usually, WCIs were owned by one-hundredth-level players, and only those with the support of a strong enough guild behind them, who decided to give the artifact to either the strongest or most strategically fit member.

In that case, Momonga couldn't allow a potentially incredibly strong opponent who managed to maybe fool Nigredo's assessment and the opponent who managed to kill him to access the Fifth Floor immediately. While it is likely that Nigredo's assessment were correct, it is very unlikely that a WCI possessor to be so weak as to be level 5. And that the assailant that had managed to assassinate and figure out the location of a WCI to be a mere level 20.

So instead, Momonga moved the both of them to the first floor, next to the entrance to the Nazarick Tomb, to the room where the teleportation trap was located.

Momonga possessed his own World Class Item, in addition to the work of [Throne of Kings], and so could withstand a surprise attack by an unknown artifact, and the teleportation trap could activate if necessary, separating the enemies. Just in case Momonga found out that they weren't really in conflict with each other, or took out Momonga himself if they blocked teleportation in some way.

Fortunately, Momonga's magic worked without any problems, paralyzing the two potential opponents. And Momonga's cast spell, [Life Essence], which allows Momonga to see the opponent's health value, confirmed that the guy's HP, which had dropped to almost zero, recovered as he had used a [Minor Healing Potion].

Experienced players could control the information manifested by using [False Data: Life] spell at the same time as taking damage or healing. But most likely the guy wasn't using the spell after all and was indeed practically dead before Momonga's potion took effect, which means he was also not an ally of the fallen angel.

Even so, though, Momonga wasn't ready to settle down so easily – especially when it came to a potential World Class Item.

"[Mass Charm Species]!" Momonga applied another spell, whereupon the girl and the boy, who had previously been looking around and trying to wriggle out of Momonga's spell, slumped slightly as their facial expressions relaxed, and they looked at Momonga carefully.

"What's your name, friends?" Momonga addressed the two in the most 'friendly' tone he could.

"Raynare," The winged girl replied, after which her wings disappeared instantly.

"Hyoudou Issei," The boy replied soon after, then turned his head to the girl, "So your real name really is Raynare, not Yuuma?"

"Yes, that's my real name," She nodded, before Momonga took a closer look at the girl.

Dressed in the most ordinary clothes, at least for this world, since Momonga didn't think a light cream-colored blouse and dark dress along with small black heeled shoes would have lived long in his past world on the street. The girl was quite tall, with black hair and violet colored eyes...