Prologue (2)

Unfortunately, the Great Red Dragon's body completely dissolved after Momonga used his most beloved and important of rituals on it, [Dark Wisdom], leaving him no reagents or materials to harvest.

This saddened Momonga, but not much – if the Great Red Dragons were common in this world, he could hunt them later. However, the new spell obtained from the slain dragon at least intrigued Momonga.

Momonga did not know any spells from YGGDRASIL with this particular name, [Create Body], though he had learned all the spells that his opponents could use at any given moment in order to pick the right strategy to confront. Though, of course, this spell could simply be a secret of the other players that they hadn't revealed all this time, this kind of thing happened more often than it might seem in YGGDRASIL. Information was critical to all players, and being able to hide their trump cards and convince their opponents of making incorrect preparation for PvP was the key to victory.

On the other hand, Momonga knew a few spells, like [Polymorph] or the Super-tier Magic [Magnum Opus], Tabula Smaragdina knew the latter – that were similar to what Momonga understood from his newly learned spell... Well, he'll find a use for it.

In any case, after sending all the Guardians back to their posts and ordering Nigredo to begin exploring the surroundings around Nazarick, Momonga returned to his chambers, eager to begin experimenting with a newfound spell.

The first experiments were quite successful, with the spell [Create Body] doing exactly what it said on the tin. The spell could change his body, to any one Momonga could imagine, capable of working as an illusion, but at the same time the created body was also fully alive and material.

Momonga later tested how his new body worked. For example, in his skeleton body Momonga did not need to breathe, but by creating a new body, looking like his, Satoru Suzuki's, old body he began to breathe reflexively and automatically.

Momonga was a little scared, but after creating his body, he focused on stopping to breathe. And after twenty minutes without finding any negative effects, he just let his instinct take hold now that he knows that his body didn't need oxygen.

He then teleported to the treasury, whose atmosphere was completely saturated with the poisonous vapors of [Blood of Jormungandr], but after breathing a couple lungfuls, found that it had no negative effects on Momonga.

From the information he managed to gather, the body Momonga created with the spell was considered a 'cosmetic object'. Healing potions still damaged him, for instance, while his passive skills still continued to work, and the undead on the first floors continued to ignore him. However, perhaps it was because he was a Nazarick's master and not because he was still considered undead in the perception of the other undead?

His new body also possessed all the abilities of his past body, as well as its weaknesses, and was capable of considerable customization.

To begin with, back on the Sixth Floor, on the free plains, Momonga used a spell to create himself a dragon body. Instantly he grew to enormous size and was covered in scales, but Momonga's claws provided him no bonuses as his 'natural weapon', just as his scales provided him no additional armor. The created wings also proved unable to lift him into the air, though his change in size allowed him to look over the Sixth Floor from a dozen meters above. The experiment to see if he could turn smaller would be delayed, however...

Momonga's further experiments, however, were interrupted when Nigredo informed him that she had made a complete survey of Nazarick's surroundings and found nothing but the same black void that Momonga had seen before. At least, that is what her scouting an area about the size of Japan back home. It might be possible that there exists something else beside the void, but at this point trying to reach it would be hazardous without any landmark to guide one back to Nazarick.