Overlord of High School (25)

Stepping off the train and making the short trek through the station, Tobio quickly stepped on the street moments later. He founds himself unable to contain his gaze that quickly darted around, checking to see if he was not followed, or worse already under surveillance.

After all, albeit peacefully, he had still entered Devil territory, more so, Kuoh, which was the residence of the younger sisters of two ruling Satans. It wouldn't have surprised him if the entire city was packed with Devils, relentlessly watching every new person arriving in Kuoh.

Not to mention that the train stations or really any exits and entrance to the city are the first line of defense of the two younger sisters of the two rulers.

However, all he encountered upon arrival in the city were ordinary people, maybe someone with magical talent beyond the ordinary, but that didn't even mean that person was a mage, and not just a lucky civilian. Still, Tobio's heartbeat was still out of sorts thanks to his nervousness.

Why wouldn't he? Tobio had received a mission from Azazel, that alone should be requirement enough for him to believe that he would be hounded by all sorts of Factions the moment he stepped out of the train. But it didn't end there, in fact it got a lot worse.

He was to infiltrate Kuoh, Devil territory, and doing so under the nose of Serafall Leviathan herself, to conduct an inspection of the church of fallen angels who had failed Azazel's own mission. And lastly, to make sure that failed mission hadn't triggered a small problem in the form of a deranged Red Welsh Dragon's host half a step away from turning half of Japan into ruins.

If Tobio had time, he would be happy to ask Azazel what drugs he had inhaled until he had gotten the bright idea to order the murder of this generation's Red Dragon Emperor. To do so by paranormal means under the noses of two of Satan's younger sisters. And why, if he had gotten the idea, he had sent a few weak Fallen instead of at least a professional team of a couple of six-winged Fallen Angel.

In fact, why not just start the Second Great War while he was at it!

Of course, that last part kind of revealed the fact that it was not Azazel that had ordered such a thing, he loved peace too much for that. But, not that it matter now, it was still Fallen Angels that had been ordered to assassinate the Red Dragon Emperor, the Devils would be all too happy to point them the Fallen Angel's way.

So the situation was urgent, for the world was on the verge of an incident.

Diplomatic for the demon and the Fallen, and apocalyptic for Japan. And Tobio really rather not have his birthplace be a crater, both of them, that is. Pissing off the Heavenly Dragons is widely regarded as an elaborate method of suicide for a reason, after all.

So his list of actions was simple, clear, and straightforward. The less he stayed in Kuoh, as much as he liked to look at the sights of the small town, the better chance he had of sorting out his problems and disappearing from this town without being caught by Serafall. And so, glancing around once more, making sure he wasn't spotted by any Devil watchers, he hurried forward, not in a hurried pace, but with the expression of a man who knew exactly where he was going at any given moment. A great defense against Devils, cops, and annoying salesmen or hawkers.

Of course, it was a little unusual for Tobio to act alone without his team, but again it was stealth that he was in need for, having his team around would only make moving without being noticed harder. And in case he was caught, traveling around with a battle group would make any argument that he was not planning to fight really hard to argue.

Of course, sending a two-winged Fallen Angel would be even stealthier. However, he was probably one step away from crossing blades with an insane host of a [Longinus] right now, so Azazel couldn't entrust that mission to someone without Tobio's combat potential, therefore forcing him to go at it alone...