Overlord of a High School (12)

The subsequent day of schooling for Momonga went by about the same as the first, perhaps even more boring, if that's even possible. After the sense of novelty had weathered and given the absence of meeting Rias Gremory and any possible ambush dissolved, Momonga found that he was bored out of his mind.

No, Momonga preferred situations where he was safe, even if doing something rather boring, to those in which he risked his life. But having realized that yesterday, he was probably not in any actual danger – Momonga realized that yesterday's encounter was actually the only interesting event of the entire school day. He spent the rest of his study time either trying to listen to the teacher and reading a textbook, or immersed in his own thoughts.

With nothing to do, he had actually spent most of his time looking out the window or at his desk, not understanding what the teacher was talking about

In other words, Momonga was completely bored, with the most exciting thing to happen was the arrival of new invisible and cloaked figures, presumably the devils, into the school. Periodic checks allowed Momonga to somewhat tell that their overall level hovered around thirty, and their total number was maybe in the range of three dozen.

Under normal circumstances, such actions on the part of a potential adversary would have caused him some concern – if the enemy was something more threatening than a passing breeze, that wouldn't kill him under any circumstances. Creatures of this level were only well suited to be used as ambush material if a level one hundred or even higher player was lurking nearby. Momonga of course checked, and found none each time.

Gradually, his paranoia about finding a maximum level player behind every rock began to recede after a personal meeting with one of the ruling demoness whose danger level was disdainfully small to Ainz himself. She was not that weak in the big picture of this world, as Momonga could tell anyway, she might be able to use one attack against him before she died.

But if someone could muster, um... about fifty or a hundred thousand of them? Then Ainz would definitely be at a disadvantage. If, for some reason, of course, he chooses to stay and fight, rather than retreat, which would be his main plan in case he discovers at least a dozen level seventy creatures. Mainly because the presence of such would absolutely indicate that they are being controlled by someone even more powerful, not that he would be threatened by them.

Pandora's Actor was in roughly the same position now that Momonga thought about it. He lacked certain top-end abilities and equipment, but had far greater tactical flexibility, able to take on various forms of Ainz Ooal Gown Players at any time, including those who specialized in sweeping large clusters of enemy like Ulbert.

However, without knowing the specific abilities and the enemy's build, deprived of preparation, both Momonga and Pandora's Actor would both be placed in a very precarious position. If they were facing hundredth level enemies, that is. Actually, if Pandora's Actor had to maintain his disguise and could not freely transform, his power was seriously reduced, to maybe an equivalent level ninety with a very poor stat placement.

In other words, he had almost no chance to beat an opponent of the hundredth level, much less one that had prepared the battlefield or was waiting in ambush. But at the same time, even weakened considerably, a creature of the seventieth level was not a problem for him, but a mild irritant instead.

Considering that the seventieth level in this case, the Leviathan, was a ruler and is probably busy with other things than just watching Momonga. And that, quite possibly, she was only sent here when yesterday's forces seemed insufficient to the demon lord, Zeoticus, these factors, while not completely denying the possibility of a level one hundred enemy, did help dampen Momonga's paranoia a bit.