one.

Omniscient
New York, New York
March 3rd, 2023

The sounds of monitors beeping could be the only thing that was heard in the room at the moment

The sounds of monitors beeping could be the only thing that was heard in the room at the moment. It had been over an hour since David had awoke from his coma. Nurse Manson gave him water to lubricate his throat so that she could try to speak to him but didn't receive any response from him.

So, she just let him be, checked his vitals and made sure he was fine.

"I called your mother and informed her on you being awake" Nurse Manson says, after a while, grabbing the pitcher and pouring him some more water, since the cup was almost empty. "She said that she should be here in a couple of minutes"

David looked over at Nurse Manson. Him and his mother weren't on good terms due to her finding out about him pushing Erica down a flight of steps when they were together. She constantly told David that he needed help or a therapist to talk to but of course, he disagreed which caused for them to go neck for neck. Them being on bad terms didn't stop him from opening up the restaurant that she dreamed about.

Including the predicament he was in, they haven't spoke in about 3 and a half years but all that was dropping today. David was her only son and hearing that he was in the hospital broke her heart so, she was going to drop everything and rush over there to make sure that he was fine.

"Anything bothering you ?" Nurse Manson asked, "I can get you couple of things before I helped my next clients"

David just shook his head. At the moment, he was okay. Just had a couple of holes in his body but he was gone be good. This wasn't his first time.

"Alright honey, just buzz that bell and me or someone else will be in here" She says pointing to the button that sat next to the bed. David glanced over at it then back at her, giving her a small smile before she had returned the favor and exited out of the room.

He made a mental note to send over some flowers or something to Nurse Manson, since she was a big help throughout this whole scenario.

Her leaving had left David there to pounder in his thoughts. Flashbacks occurred to the night where Kailyn raised the gun to him, then before to when she was in the hospital.

He guessed that it was a cause and effect. He was the cause of her being in the hospital which resulted in him being in the same situation.

He admitted that he in fact pushed her too far.. maybe, more than he should've but in his mind, all he wanted to do was prove a point to her. That he was the most feared in the city and it seemed as though it was staying that way, due to everybody thinking that he was on a 2 year vacation handling business.