alternative epilogue.

Four months later in New York. After Smoke wakes from his coma in 2023...

The male woke up breathing heavily, drenched in sweat as he glanced around his scenery to try and figure everything out

It was a dream.. All a dream. There was no Kalee nor was Anthony and Erica dead. Kailyn did in fact shoot him but, the two weren't what he thought that they were... It was all a dream.

"Fuck !" Smoke mutters to himself as he ran a hand down his face. It wasn't even hot in the room due to the air conditioner, meaning that the dream was something beyond crazy.

"David." A voice calls out causing for him to turn to his left to see where it was coming from.

"Mama ?" He asked looking at the woman that on the side of him as the light from the hallway illuminated onto her face.

A warm smile sat on her face as she made way inside of the room that he had been staying in for the past couple of months, right after he was released from the hospital.

He was healing fine until, he took a tumble two days prior causing for the man to pass out and not wake until now.

"Baby. How you feelin' ?" She asked now sitting at the edge of his bed to check in on him.

"I'm fine... I jus- What happened ?" He asked looking at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well.. you slipped down the steps two days ago and you're just now wakin' up." She informs placing a hand onto of his.

"Two day ago ?" He questions with his eyes widen, "Two days ?"

His mother nods her head in response.

"Fall must've been real hard cause two days is crazy." He mentions looking ahead at nothing in particular.

Mama Brewster nods, "Yeah, I was shocked myself."

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a few seconds. Mama Brewster waiting for Dave to speak as he thought of words to say. The only thing on his mind at the moment was Kailyn. He wasn't sure of their position as of now so, he wanted to ask his mother.

"Do... Do you know if Kailyn called to check in on me ?" He asked turning towards her.

"Kailyn ?" She questions in confusion, "You two are talkin' again ?"

"Nah, I had a.. dream." He trails off.

"Was it good or bad ?" She asked raising an eyebrow.