thirty-one

Omniscient
Atlanta, Georgia
Two months later, December 2023

After the event that took place with Anthony, you'd think that the two were working to figure some things out but in reality, Smoke had been keeping his distance when it came to Kailyn

After the event that took place with Anthony, you'd think that the two were working to figure some things out but in reality, Smoke had been keeping his distance when it came to Kailyn. He was starting to hang out with Anthony more, spending time with Kalee but not too much due to him not wanting for her to be around the shit that him and Anthony were doing.

And, it was killing Kailyn lowkey.

She had hope that the situation was going to bring the two closer so, that they could find a way to rid of Anthony but, lately she had been wrong. Kailyn loved the fact that he was still checking for Kalee but, wanted to try with them. The first couple of days, she actually did try to sit Smoke down and have a talk but, he never would answer fully.. it was more dry and with an attitude. And, Kailyn was starting to become to the terms that..

Anthony actually won..

She was still shaken up about what had happened. Checked into her motion sensors and seen that it was broken. Her ring cam was messed with as well so, she fixed everything and got it situated but, was still on the verge of shock due to everything that transpired. It's not like she can talk to Smoke about her problems because they barely even conversed.

The only time they did communicate was last week when they both agreed to send Kalee off with Mama Brewster for a few days while they got ready for Seven's party. It wasn't their idea, though. It was more of hers stating that she missed her grand baby and wanted for her to explore her parent's home town... like she would remember.

"He's been movin weird lately. Brushin' me off and caterin' to Kalee which I don't care about because that's what he's supposed to do as a father." Kailyn shrugged as she voiced to Seven, "But, I wake up this mornin' and there's flowers with his name on it ? With no message ? Guess what I did ?"

"Threw that shit in the garbage." Seven answers knowing exactly what she did.

"Exactly what I did !" Kailyn nods her head, "Because, I don't get it. He's confusin' me and Ion wanna be confused anymore. He needs to speak to me about Kalee and her only."

"I agree. I don't like when you two are apart but since he seems to be actin' like his old self, it's best if he just stays away and leaves you be relationship wise." Seven states.

"That's right but, enough about that. Are you excited for your birthday ?." Kailyn smiles wiggling her shoulders with a huge smile on her face.

Seven leans her head back and squeals, "Duh ! The fact that I don't have a say in the decorations kind of irks me but, I trust you and Leo. I know with your taste and his sense of perfection that everything's going to go good !"