epilogue

Atlanta, Georgia
Two Years Later, May 26th 2025

"Kalee !" A 26 year old, David hollers walking down the hallways, of his 6 bedroom 5 bath home , searching the location to see where his daughter was

"Yes !" Kalee hollers back as she walked out of her room, now fully dressed since they would be on their way out soon.

David didn't like to go by Smoke anymore due to that name being tied to his past so, he went by his real name. And over the last two years, things have been different. Business was flourishing and so was he.

But, he couldn't deny that times weren't hard because they in fact were. What didn't help was the male had flashbacks and bad dreams to that one night that truly fucked his mind. And there were a lot of things that did.

It was a hustle taking care of his daughter, the plenty of businesses he now owned and coping from that event. But, with help ? He was able to do everything just right.

Kalee was now 4 years old and vocabulary was out of this world. You would've thought she was 6 or 7 with how clearly she speaks to others. It wasn't all great though.

You thought 2's were terrible ? 4's is nothing but sass and questions. He didn't want to result to it but, he would pop her in the mouth a few times. Gentle parenting worked but not to the full extent. It hurt him but, it worked.

"Good. You dressed already" He nods his head viewing the clothes he laid out for her the day prior.

It consisted of a a white tennis dress, cardigan that was multiple shades of green, light green socks and her forrest green and white Jordan 1's. She looked adorable but, needed her hair to be fixed.

"Yes daddy.. Can you do my hair ?" She asked wanting for him to touch her head because if she were to ask her Unca Dyce ? It wouldn't come out great.

"Yeah, go grab the stuff." He instructs before walking towards the little vanity that sat on the corner.

Kalee ran off towards her bathroom to retrieve the items that were in her hair bucket before heading back towards the main room so that her father could do her hair.

Getting everything situated, David started to part Kalee's 4C curls that were stuck together. He was supposed to detangle it last night but, due to him falling asleep at their movie night ? He forgot to.

As he started to work his magic, he could hear Kalee start to sing a familiar tune to herself.

"Not the same.. not at all. Not even halfway." Kalee mutters as she sings the tune to her mother's song 'Vibez'.