thirty.

Omniscient
Atlanta, Georgia
Following Week

It's been about a week later since the incident that popped off at Kailyn's release party

It's been about a week later since the incident that popped off at Kailyn's release party. She didn't really communicate with Smoke, like she insisted, only when it came to their concerns about Kalee. Kailyn had been busy anyways with her keeping up with Kalee and promoting her album so, she couldn't really talk to him if she wanted to.

As of now, Kailyn sat in the living room of her home while Dyce played with Kalee in the backyard. It seemed as though today, Wednesday , was the only day that she had off until it was back to her busy single mom schedule.

Smoke knew of her schedule though and informed her that he would be picking up Kalee today so that she could have time to herself. Kailyn tried to fight it due to Dyce being here as well but, Smoke wasn't hearing it. 

The sound of a key unlocking her front door could be heard causing for her attention to turn away from the tv, that held 'Courage The Cowardly Dog Show' on it, and towards the entrance of the living room. Waiting for whoever it was to make an appearance.

"Where my daughter at ?" Smoke questions as he waltzes his way into living room as Kailyn eyed him.

Kailyn couldn't deny it if she wanted to but, Smoke looked good. Lately, the male had been dressed up when it came to the two meeting up to drop Kalee off. She didn't want to assume that it was because of her but she couldn't help but to.

"You look nice, my guy." Kailyn compliments, "But, she's in the back with Dyce. They should be comin' in soon since it's almost her nap time."

"Thank you." He flashes her a quick smile before taking a seat next to her.

She just nods in return before the two sat in silence. Both of their attention now sitting on the television that sat in front of him.

"Kailyn.." Smoke trails off turning his attention towards her.

The things that transpired between the two had been eating him up inside. He didn't like how he acted and can't say he didn't know why he acted that way. The killing of Erica as well as there being a chance that someone was out to get Kailyn, caused for his emotions to spiral and as much as he tried to conceal it, he just couldn't. He was angry and took it out on the one he really wanted to work with.

"Yes ?" She softly asked turning towards him.

"I miss you." He mutters but loud enough for her to hear.

Kailyn sighs, "I know... and I miss you too."

"I really do apologize for the way I been actin' and for even goin' that far with you, mama. Can we please just go back to how we were ?" He pleaded.