twenty-six

Omniscient
Atlanta, Georgia
August 19th, 2023 . Two weeks later

 Two weeks later

Kailyn peeped. She peeped it as soon as the news was delivered. After getting the news that Erica was found dead in her home, Smoke's mood changed and he started to become very distant. He made time for Kalee but as far as Kailyn and anybody else ? He didn't want to be around them. He wanted to know who did it and what their reasoning was but, wasn't going to dig deep into it.. just let it come to light. Of course he felt a way, though. Him and Erica had been through so much together like helping him start his business or her first video audition. Even some pregnancy scares. So, yes.. he was going to feel a way.

.. And Kailyn understood that. So, she checked up on him to her best ability and as much as he allowed for her to. She was giving the male the space that he wanted but was also making sure that he didn't do anything that would be a negative thing in the end.

Smoke sat at the island infront of Kailyn, staring at nothing in particular, while she washed the dishes from the previous meal that she just finished cooking. He decided to make an appearance since it had been two days since he last seen Kalee and also wanted to see if Kailyn was cooking..His assumption was right.

"How you holdin' up ?" Kailyn questioned breaking their silence, placing the washed dish onto the rack near the sink.

Smoke didn't answer. Instead ignored her question as he continued to stare off into space.

Kailyn didn't gaze up and just continued to speak, "You know you can't ignore me forever right ?"

More silence.

Scrunching up her face, Kailyn used her hand to wave it in his face, "David... Hello."

"What Kailyn ?" He snapped once losing his trance to make eye contact with her.

His attitude caused for her to squint her eyes. Although she wanted to tread lightly with the situation.. this was his first strike. She wasn't up for it today.

"I asked how you holdin' up ?" Kailyn repeats as nicely as she could, grasping onto Kalee's utensils to wash.

"Stop askin' dumbass questions. Evidently, I'm not in the mood." Smoke huffed.

"You don't gotta talk to me like that, though." She informs trying her best to be nice.

"And you don't gotta ask questions that you know the fuckin' answers to but here we are huh ?" Smoke snapped with irritation, mug now forming on his face.