27. Chapter

Danielle's P.O.V
I woke up, my eyes puffy still, the pain in my leg returning, and the warmth of Brody radiating to me. I went to get up and Brody grabbed me, pulling me back down.

"I-"

"Baby, just take it easy. You got hit by a car, you shouldn't be up and moving." He said softly

"I'm fine."

"You sure and hell aren't."

"Brody-"

"You broke your leg. How in hell could you be fine? You don't even have a god damn cast on." He was now angered.

"Chill out, okay."

"How am I supposed to 'chill out' knowing my girlfriend got hit by a car?!"

I didn't answer. He seemed highly annoyed.

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

That remark was all I needed to hear. I got off the bed not caring what he had to say. I hopped one legged to the door. Holding onto anything I could to keep balanced. Then getting grabbed at my waist.

"I'm sorry."

Brody put his head on my shoulder.

"Just take me downstairs before I fall on my ass."

He picked me up and did so. He placed me down on the couch.

"Hey lucky leg." Zack remarked as he walked in the living room smirking.

"Shut up." I said flatly.

"It's not my fault." He put his hands up in surrender acting like I could actually get up to hit him.

"Whatever."

I laid there waiting for Brody to return from the kitchen. I feel as hungry as a dog. Hoping it was Brody walking out of the kitchen but, soon saw it was Matt. He sat on the little space by my side. His hand went to my hair and started to ruffle it.

"You feeling okay?"

"Mhm."

"It was pretty bad last night."

"I only remember half of it."

He looked down smiling wryly.

"I'm going to get your cast okay? Probably some crutches also."

"But, I love when I get carried around." I said with a hint of a laugh.

He kissed my forehead.

"I will be back soon."

I laughed and shifted a little trying to feel a bit more comfortable. Then he left. But Brody came in to company me. He brought a glass of Sprite and pills. I shook my head trying to deny him giving me them.

"Would you rather be in pain?"

"No.." I said under my breath.

"Take them then." He insisted.

I did as I was told. I then pouted and looked at him.

"Food?"

He smiled and walked to the kitchen, soon coming back with an open container, a bottle of whip cream, and two forks. He sat on the floor holding up a container of fruit. I turned a little and a jolt of pain went through my leg.

"Fuck." I could tell my cheeks turned red, and I was on edge of crying.

"Baby I told you to be careful." He cringed.

"I'm fine." I croaked

He set the items on the carpet and cupped my face.

"Stop saying that when you're not."
He looked at me seriously. My leg was throbbing and I felt like breaking down but, I decided to hold it in.