29. Chapter Part 1

Danielle's P.O.V

It was the day before homecoming, and still no Brody. Anxiety attacks came often, I've looked for my sharp blades to ease the pain but they were no where in sight, I didn't sleep, and barely ate.

"You've been in your room since Brody left." Zack said as he walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Come join the world again." He stated and he rubbed my back.

I shifted in the bed, being careful of my leg.

"Any sign of Brody?"

"You've asked me that question every time I check on you.."

"Well is there?"

"If there was I would tell you."

I laid there. Tears started escaping, and I didn't hold back. I let them flow.

"He will come back." He reassured me, as he laid next to me and hugged me.

It felt weird. He wasn't like Brody..

"I'm j-just going to take a shower.."

"Okay."

Then I got up with Zack's help, he placed a wrap like bag around my cast then I hobbled into the shower.

...

When I got out, I held onto everything I could to move over by the sink then looked in the mirror. All I saw was a lost girl, who had no one, and was going to ruin people life's. My thoughts got darker and darker as I looked at myself. Then I called Zack and told him to go downstairs. Once I heard the footsteps I limped out of the bathroom and to Brody's room with nothing but my towel. I went to Brody's drawers first, trying to find something to wear that reminded me of him. I found the perfect outfit. A black t-shirt and white sweatpants. I didn't even bother covering up all the scars on my one arm. I hopped downstairs to see the boys were not there.

They probably went out for food. I knew this because it was a little bit before Zack would come check on me and almost force food down my throat. I sat on the couch and ripped the annoying bag like object off of my cast. It was so annoying having it on.

I decided to get my phone out and call the one person I actually wanted to see.

First Ring.

Second Ring.

Then Third.

Your phone has been sent to an automatic- Then I hung up.

I called him at least three times a day. But I never get an answer.

I'm worried. With Brody working such a dangerous job, him having a reputation on the streets, girls always at his feet, guys wanting to beat the shit out of him, my sister, Corey, and Preston. There's so many things that could've happened. I think about him constantly. I miss him.

I wonder if he is thinking about me. Or even is still alive. That last thought sent chills down my spine.

I sighed, not sure what else to do. So I began to sing very quietly..

"Everything's gonna be alright."
She whispers to herself.
She was only 6 years old that night.
As she hid behind that shelf.
Cause daddy had a little too much to drink.
And mama didn't want her to feel the pain she felt.
But she still felt the pain...

Well 10 years they came and went,
and dad was gone.
So she looked for love in other men.
And tried to act strong.
Broken hearts and Scars in only places she could see.
Cause she just wanted, she just wanted to feel something.

And as she sat there on that bed,
thinking bout what those girls said,
tears streamed down her eyes.
She cried...

"If there's a God out there
Please hear my prayer.
I'm lost and I'm scared,
and I've got nowhere else to go.
I've come a long, long way.
But I'm not sure I can make it much farther...
So if you're listening, could you give a helping hand.
To your daughter."
I could feel a tear or two fall. I stopped singing it. This is where I was going to restart. It's all happening again. I'm ruining life's, I'm cutting, I'm the anxious freak.

"I'm the freak." I sighed in realization.

Brody made me feel different. Like I was a actual human being. He treated me greatly, and I took it for granted.

...I just completed my mission of eating a sandwich for the first time since Brody left. God.. I can barely think or say a sentence without his name, or me talking about him.

"Brody.. I know you can't hear me.. But I miss you. A lot. Please I really need you. Just come back home." I said quietly.

I went to get up off the couch and I fell. My body was throbbing and I was in pain. But I ignored it and tried to get up.

Once I was off the ground I took in a deep breath and stood there. I was a big mess. Homecoming is tomorrow and Brody's not here. I still have a cast on, so how would I even dance when I went. The whole school hates me. All I want is to be normal. I want my boyfriend here with me. I don't want a broken leg.

He promised he would never leave me.. So where is he now. The time that I absolutely need him..

Then the door bell rang.