36. Chapter

Brody's P.O.V

The snow was on the ground outside, while confetti was on the floor inside.

The boys, Andy and I were getting ready
to surprise Danielle. We had a cake, presents set up, now we were just working on decoration.

January 2nd was half way over and still no sign of Danielle and Willow.

Willow took Danielle straight out for coffee this morning taking a bottle of ibeprophen with them for the hangover.

The decorating was done, we all hid waiting for Danielle to walk through the door.

When she did I ran up to her holding her and spinning her.

"Happy Birthday princess!!" She laughed and hugged me back. She looked over at the pile of presents and smiled.

"You guys didn't have to do this." She laughed.

"We wanted to." I tell her.

"Do we have cake?" She looked at me hopefully.

"Would you like to do cake?" I chuckled.

She nodded. So we all headed to the kitchen.

She sat down and I lit two candles. I slowly walked the cake over to her but her face changed emotion. I figured it was nothing and sat the cake down in front of her. Willow turned the lights off and we started to sing.

Half way through the song I noticed Danielle wasn't happy. A tear fell down her cheek and she got up from the table. She mumbled "I can't do this." She walked out the door.

I told everyone to stay and I ran after her.

She was having an anxiety attack outside.

I sat next to her and held her cooing and holding tight.

...

Once she was done she had her head on my lap and I was rubbing her side.

"What's wrong baby?"

She choked at first.

"I m-miss my mom."

Her tears started flowing again.

"Come on."

"What?"

"Let's enjoy tonight. I'm sure your mom would want you to."

She wiped her tears and stood up. I stood up also. We walked in and I went to the fridge. I grabbed all of the drinks we had.

"Princess, you get first choice."

She grabbed a bottle of whiskey.

"Baby, that stuff is strong." I warned.

"I need something.."

Everyone else grabbed their drinks. I walked over to the livingroom, took out my phone and turned on a playlist. The first song.. Drops on Jupiter.

...

About ten songs passed by. Everyone was dancing and almost all the drinks were gone. I saw Danielle sit and I sat next to her.

"What's up princess?"

"I'm tired." She slurred.

"Come on then." I stood up and she did also.

She tried going up the stairs, but her balance was a wreck. So I grabbed her, picking her up over my shoulder.

We reached our room and I laid her down, she snuggled into the blanket and I sat next to her.

"Brody." She said sleepily.