CHAPTER 5

It was a beautiful evening.

The city lights were already twinkling, as the Sun was sloping down the western sky, brightening up the horizon with its crimson hue. The shops opened, dazzling with lights. The cars wooshed past the road. It was the time when office goers were leaving for home, and hence, the streets were mighty crowded.

Minho walked in front of them, while Jisung and Felix trotted behind them. Usually, the scene would be completely opposite, Jisung and Minho would be walking side by side, while Felix would be left behind. But now that his 'bff' was pregnant, Jisung was ready to leave his boyfriend's side for some minutes, and stick to his best friend.

"Not that side Felix, it's too close to the road," Jisung said, as he literally pulled Felix to the sidewalk.

"Ji, stop being so overprotective," Felix scoffed, as he wriggled free from his friend's clutches, "I'm not a baby."

"You might not be a baby," Jisung retorted, "But you have a baby inside you, and I'm gell concerned about my 'it' not you!"

"Ji?" Felix looked at him, widening his eyes as he faked a shocking action, "How could you?"

"Felix I mea-"

"Oy you two," Minho called them, "What would you two like to have?"

They were standing in front of a beautiful little cafe called Sweet Time. Beautiful golden and pink lights lit the entrance, and so was the interior, calm and too pretty. A little bell tinkled as one opened the door and stepped in. This would alert the staffs of the arrival of a new customer, and they would be at work at once.

"Cheesecake," Jisung piped up, "And Iced-Americano!"

"Okay love," Minho pecked him on his cheek.

"Um...," Felix wasn't too sure of what to say, "I guess I'll take a Nutella Croffle and..."

"Drinks?" Minho asked.

"Um...Hazelnut Ice Coffee."

"Done. Now," Minho continued, pointing at a table, "You two, go and sit at that table, while I order the food."

Jisung quickly pecked Minho on his lips and, grabbing Felix's wrist, he went to the table.

Felix usually didn't like their relationship. Like, not in the sense that he hated or something, he absolutely loved his best friend's choice and appreciated it. But, seeing people in relationships made him go weak and tremble, because, it had to do something with his hideous past. He had sworn to himself that, never in his life will he ever be in a relationship or get married. But now, now that he was pregnant, something in him made him quite jealous, as he saw his best friend with his boyfriend. He too wanted someone to take care of him and love him. But...maybe it's just one of his foolish dreams that would never, ever come true.

Felix could feel his vision getting blurred with tears, so he turned his face away to look at the window. The shop opposite to the cafe was a little soft toy shop, with all the various kinds of plushies and teddy bears, of any color you could ask for. Felix smiled. Plushies was something that always cheered him up. Back at his home, he had his little Bbokari, a soft yellow chick plushie, whom he loved so much. Bbokari had been there with him since he was a baby, and so, the little plushie was more like a baby to Felix. Felix watched so many people swarming into the shop. Little children asking their parents to buy them a teddy, or young couples buying something cute for their beloved. He couldn't take his eyes off.

Suddenly, he noticed something else.

A man was standing in front of the shop, looking intensely at a baby pink bunny plushie. For a moment, Felix didn't seem to notice him. But, the man's presence became bothersome to him when he found the man staring at him. Felix looked closely, to see if the man was really staring at him or not. But when he realised that it was no mistake, that the man was actually staring at him, he felt his heart skip beats.