CHAPTER 12

Fiance?

Felix was sitting quietly in a pensive mood in his room, by his window that overlooked the garden he loved. The soft evening twilight rays fell on his face, making his features look softer and much more exquisite. The thing that he liked about the house was it's location, somewhere far away from the city, yet within the city. You could see the city skyscrapers as silhouettes on the crimson horizon, yet you were far away from the hustle and bustle and the city pollution. Felix wondered where this house exactly was, but he could never get a clue.

F-Fiance?

Felix thought once again. Did Hyunjin really mean it? Or...did it just randomly slipped out from his mouth?

In his hand, Felix was still clutching the dress he was supposed to wear at the party. It was not just 'any' dress. It was a scarlet colored silk halter neck gown, as soft as what the fleeting clouds would feel if they were touched. Felix had worn it for Hyunjin to see whether it fits him ot not. And...it did! It gently embraced his skin, showing off his perfect curves and his still not so big baby bump. Felix adored the dress. He knew he would look the best at the party. There were several other boxes in his closet, which had his platinum heels, jewelry and make up stuff. To top it all, Hyunjin had left him with a special Cologne whose smell eas too addictive. Felix was satisfied. There was no way to be dissatisfied. But...

Why did he ask me to pretend to be his fiance?

Felix couldn't get that thought out of his head. But...no wonder he couldn't directly ask if. He didn't want to hear some rude answer which would pierce his heart. Better to believe in a soft lie than confronting a severe truth.

Felix sighed and looked at the clock. Dinner time. He gently put the dress inside the box and placed it right where it was, inside his closet. He sighed, and slowly went down stairs for dinner.

Hyunjin was not there at the table, once again.

I can't wait for that day.

***

"Tell me everything!"

Changbin gulped. The man's hands were shaking unstoppably. He was holding a navy blue file in his hands. Never in his years did this man tremble in front of anyone...except his Master.

"M-Master...from whatever we found, h-his name is Park Jaemin. He was with Master Lee Felix in their high school years at the JYP High School. They dated for three years and then, they broke up when Master Felix was nineteen. After t-that, he was n-not found..."

"Not found?" Hyunjin growled, his eyes on fire. He got up from his couch and walked up to Changbin, making him tremble even more, "What do you mean by not found?"

"W-We don't know w-where he is now, M-Master. All we could get is a little more information about him from the cafe he and Master Felix worked in," he quickly handed Hyunjin the file.

Hyunjin snatched the file and quickly opened it. He flipped through the pages inside impatiently, but couldn't find anything really important.

"Changbin," He looked at the buff man directly into his soul, "The last time. I'm sending you once more. Find him out and BRING HIM HERE! Or else ..."

"Master's orders will be followed," Changbin recited as quickly scampered away from the room with his men.

Hyunjin glared at the file on his lap.

"Maybe...I'll ask Lix himself?" He mumbled, as he scratched the back of his head. "No...I shoul not. But.....urghhh..." He was almost at his wits end, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

A maid in her uniform walked in with a tray in her hand laden with food. She politely placed the tray on the table in front of Hyunjin and bowed.

"Master, Dinner."

"Hm," Hyunjin spoke, not paying any attention, "You can go."

The maid bowed and was about to walk away.

"Uh...wait," Hyunjin called her back, "Uh...What is Felix doing right now?"

***

Felix had just finished his dinner and was about to walk up the stairs to his room when a butler came.

"Master Lee Felix," he bowed, "There is someone to see you, he is in the guest room. He says it's urgent."

Felix was confused.

Who is it?

"Um...okay," he said, climbing down the stairs, "You may go. I'll go there myself."

Felix walked towards the guest room, confusion clogging his brain. He placed his palm in the handle of the door and pushed it open.

What he saw inside, froze him.

He felt numb.

His knees shook.

His mind...empty yet clogged.

"J-Jaemin?"

-------------------------

𝙀𝙭 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠?

𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙭'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩?

𝘼𝙣𝙮 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨?

𝙄 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨!!

𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙡!

𝙋. 𝙎: 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙤𝙣𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙬. 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚:'(