CHAPTER 17

Felix couldn't sleep.

He kept tossing on his bed, his head reeling with thoughts. Whatever Jisung had told him about Hyunjin had made him go almost crazy with worries.

"He loves you too much, Lix," Jisung had said to him, "You know what, after whatever happened between you two, he became nothing better than the replica of his ghost. He is completely wan and wasted. I think Felix,you must go to him, as soon as possible!"

His forehead was damp with clammy sweats, as more beads of perspiration evolved. He felt too sick and wasted, as if his health had suddenly taken a bad turn. His thoughts grew, as he felt sicker and sicker. It was past midnight, and his eyes felt heavy. Yet, he couldn't sleep.

"Mmhh...baby, don't kick," Felix whispered, as he felt a small part of his bump rise, and then quickly disappear. Felix's heart gave a somersault. He knew, his little baby was growing, and his joys knew no bounds. He gently touched his protruding belly and felt another feeble kick.

Felix got up from his bed. He slowly walked up to the door, opened it, and went outside. The corridor air hit his face, and his nostrils were filled with its divine freshness. The boy felt better. He decided to take a stroll down the corridor, even though it was lonely and completely dark.

Felix had just taken a few steps down the way, when he heard...music. Soft, tranquil chords of piano keys floated down to his ears, soothing them. Felix had never known how to play a piano, but whenever he got a chance, he always  let himself float with the melody. Now, piano music at midnight is something really odd. Felix, out of curiosity, followed the music. He tip toed down the hallway, as if the music was drawing him closer and closer. Finally, he reached the source.

A simple wooden door was left ajar, and soft piano chords were emitting from the other side. Felix peeked through the door. Seated on a stool, with his back towards the door, his elegant, long fingers straying on the black and white keys like a professional, there was Felix's man, Hyunjin.

Felix heard the song, which Hyunjin was singing too softly along with the music, barely audible. From his voice, he knew that Hyunjin was in deep pain. He heard the song.

If I can't be close to you
I'll settle for the ghost of you
I miss you more than life.

Felix took a step back, shaking all over. He knew, he knew so well, who he was singing the song for, who he was craving for, who he misses more than life. Felix couldn't believe, Hyunjin loved him this much. His eyes became moist and tears threatened to emerge. He quickly turned and tried to run away, but his legs gave way. He felt numb all over. His head ached and his limbs didn't want to move an inch. He gave up and let himself fall on the ground.

"H-Hyunjin," he whispered, as he let himself suffer the injurious impact of the hard floor...which never came.

***

"WHAT?? ARE YOU SERIOUS BABE???"

"Calm down, love, I don't want everyone to hear this!"

Jisung almost jumped on Minho's lap, after digesting the entire piece of information Minho had spilt. He didn't even have the patience to listen to all of it, let alone believe.

"So, that's the reason you're managing his company as well? Because he is dealing with some freaking mafia assholes along with Bang and his boyfie?" Jisung asked in complete disbelief.

"Y-Yeah...dont tell this to Lix," Minho pleaded.

"Why?" Jisung raised a brow.

"Um...listen. I don't know...I really don't...but you know what, I feel, that Lix is being...targeted...."

"WHAT?" Jisung screamed out.

"Yeah...and-"

"And who do you think it is?"

"Jaemin."

***

Three days later

Felix was still unconscious.

A high fever had hit the poor boy, and he was almost numb with it. He had fainted in the hallway,and if it wasn't for Hyunjin,he would have fallen to the floor and hit himself. The doctor had said that he would recover, but that would take some time. He needed a lot of care and ample amount of rest.

Hyunjin had never left his bedside, even though there were so many maids to look after him. He had almost forgotten to eat, bath or sleep, or to attend to any of his works. Minho and Jisung often came to look after Felix, or tend to him, but even then Hyunjin didn't leave his side.

What if he wakes up and looks for me?

It was night, 11:50 to be exact. A cold wind blew through the curtains of the bedroom. The moon was bright and the stars were glistening sharp. Hyunjin was constantly sitting by Felix's bed, drowsing a little. He had sat there the entire day, and even at night,he was reluctant to depart. Suddenly, he felt a soft hand on his own, frail and fragile. The cold touch quickly jolted him out of his sleep, and to his utter surprise, and indescribable joy....his Felix was awake.

Big blue eyes staring intently at him, but sadly, they weren't bright at all. They looked tender, tired and sad. Looking at Felix's face, seeing him awake, made Hyunjin's heart beat faster than ever, even though he looked pale and weak.

But then, so quickly, he remembered....their fight.

"Uh...s-sorry....I-I know...you d-don't want me here," Hyunjin faltered, feeling embarrassed and a little annoyed, "I'll go-"

Before he could get up, Felix feebly held his hand and made him sit down.

"I...have to t-tell you....a lot..." Felix spoke weakly, barely in a whisper.

Hyunjin was a bit surprised...but decided to stay back and listen.

"Tell me what, dear?" Hyunjin said, softly, fondly, lovingly.

"Him. My...ex."

-------------------

*sighs*

𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙥𝙡 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙝𝙢?

𝙇𝙚𝙢𝙢𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

𝙏𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣,

𝘾𝙞𝙖𝙤!