Chapter 3

(A/n: Heads up, I'm trying to make this story be like the actual pokemon Violet adventure for Florian and Juliana, so them meeting and falling in love with their love interests will be a slow process but I hope you still enjoy the story)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Juliana pov

"I choose...Quaxly" Florian grinned.

Quaxly ran up to Florian with a big smile and jumped onto his shoulder.

"Sprigatito and Quaxly seems to have taken a liking to you two, master Florian and miss Juliana, and these are your first pokemon yes?"

We both nodded.

"Raise them with love and care, and of course keep them tucked safely inside their pokeballs"

Then he handed Sprigatito's pokeball to me and gave Florian Quaxly's pokeball. After we returned them into their pokeballs, Nemona looked at us with her eyes widen which confused us.

"Florian, Juliana, I can't believe you chose Sprigatito and Quaxly...you guys made perfect choices and you all make such good combos" Nemona comment with a huge smile on her face.

"Thanks Nemona, that's so kind of you to say" I say in gratefulness.

"Yeah, thanks alot" Florian grinned while giving her a thumbs up.

"Mr.Clavell, can I take Fuecoco?"

Her question confused all of us.

"Oh, did you not receive a pokemon when you entered the academy, miss Nemona?"

"No, I had other pokemon I was focused on raising them at the time, but now I want to raise a new pokemon alongside Florian and Juliana while they raise their new partners" Nemona explained.

"Indeed, a rather splendid idea, if you wish to raise Fuecoco on equal footing with master Florian and miss Juliana, I shall be more than happy to allow it" Mr.Clavell smiled.

"Yes!" Nemona cheered.

Then she turned to Fuecoco.

"Nice to meet you Fuecoco, welcome to the team"

Fuecoco cheered.

Then she turned to us.

"All right then, now that we've chosen our pokemon, we have to battle" Nemona says in excitement.

"Which one of us would you like to battle?" I ask in curiosity.

"I'd like to battle both of you" Nemona cheered.

"Now miss Nemona, you don't want your Fuecoco to over do it, so I think it's best if you just battle one of them"

"Aww, okay" Nemona complained.

"But anyway, I'll be waiting for you two down at the beach, come join me when you're ready"

Then she ran off with Fuecoco following her from behind.

"As you may have noticed, miss Nemona is overly fond with pokemon battling"

"We can tell" Florian chuckled.

"But we don't mind" I smiled.

"But I do hope you'll join her for a battle, it will help you two get to know your own pokemon as well"

"We will definitely join her, but we'll need to discuss on which one of us should battle her" I say.

"Excellent" Mr.Clavell smiled.

While we walked to the beach, Florian and I talked about who should battle Nemona.

"Since she has Fuecoco and it's a fire type, Quaxly would be perfect to battle with since water types are strong against fire types" says Florian.

"Yeah that's true, battling with Sprigatito wouldn't be a good idea since she's a grass type and fire types are strong against grass types, I don't want her to get hurt so I think you should battle with Nemona"

"Sounds like a plan" Florian grinned.

"I'll be cheering for you bro"

"Thanks sis"

After we arrived to the beach, Nemona waved at us.

"Over here!" Nemona called out.

We walked over to her.

"So, which one of you am I battling?" Nemona asks in excitement.

"Me" says Florian.

"Awesome, are you ready to battle?"

"Yes"

"Perfect, I'm so excited I think I'll use-"

"Miss Nemona!" Mr.Clavell called out. He walked over to us.

"Remember, master Florian is an inexperienced in pokemon battling"

Her eyes widen.

"Oh whoops...good call director, I was about to send out one of my usual partners right off the bat, I guess I'll take this chance to try out my new buddy instead"

After Florian and Nemona took their places, they looked at each other.

"C'mon Florian, let's have us a great battle"

"You can do it Florian" I cheered.

Their battle was incredible, in the end Florian defeated Nemona.

"Yay, that's my brother" I cheered even more.

"Wow, not bad neighbor" Nemona smiled.

"Wow, winning your first battle ever you've got more potential than I thought, you're gonna be a strong trainer for sure"

"Thanks Nemona, that was alot of fun" Florian grinned.

Then Nemona looked at me with a huge grin.

"Juliana, it's your turn to battle me let's get started"

Before I could say no, Mr.Clavell jumped in.

"Now miss Nemona, your new partner must be tired from the battle with master Florian and since Juliana's partner is a grass type, fire types are strong against them and I don't think miss Juliana wants her partner to get hurt"

"Ah sorry, I got caught up in all the excitement, I'm really sorry Juliana same to your Sprigatito too, and sorry to you to Fuecoco" Nemona frowned while looking at me and then to pokeball that her Fuecoco was in.

"Don't worry about it" I smiled.

"Let's battle again soon" Florian grinned.

"Oh definitely, we'll definitely battle more and I can't wait to battle you Juliana" Nemona says in excitement.