Chapter 4

Juliana pov

"You three seem to becoming fast friends, though you've only just met" Mr.Clavell smiled while looking back and forth between us.

"Can I count on you to take your new schoolmates here under your wing, miss Nemona. I'm sure they can learn from a champion ranked trainer, such as yourself"

"You bet sir" Nemona nodded.

"Oh that reminds me, since you're new to training pokemon, there's an app you definitely need"

"What app?" I ask in curiosity.

"You guys have smartphones right?"

Florian and I nodded.

"Let me see them for a sec"

She took Florian's phone first, then mine and after she added the pokedex app on them, our Rotom phones flew back into our pockets.

"The pokedex will automatically register any pokemon you guys catch, it's a must have for pokemon trainers, it's a super handy app. Our homeroom teacher, Mr.Jacq actually made it himself"

"Wow, thanks Nemona" I smiled.

"Yeah thanks" Florian smiled as well.

"Back in the day, we used ordinary paper and handwritten notes to  compile our pokedex's, it's quite the age we live in now"

"Oof filling out a pokedex by hand, I can't even imagine how much work that would take" Nemona frowned.

"Me to" I nodded in agreement.

"Same" Florian frowned.

"No I suppose you can't" Mr.Clavell shook his head.

"Yet no matter how much the times may change, the wonder of meeting new pokemon never does, that's a truly timeless pleasure, and the more pokemon that you encounter, the more you'll find yourself growing and changing, I hope you three work hard towards the goal of completing your pokedex's"

We all smiled at Mr.Clavell in determination.

"Now miss Nemona, I do have a few things to discuss with your parents, could I depend on you to take master Florian and miss Juliana to the academy"

"Of course, leave it to me" Nemona nodded.

"Then I leave them in your hands"

Then Mr.Clavell walks away.

"Maybe I oughta make a little more time to work on my pokedex along with all my battling" Nemona thought out loud.

We turned to her.

"Oh right, speaking of pokedex's Florian and Juliana, you probably never caught a wild pokemon right?"

"Nope, we haven't" I shook my head.

"But we would like to learn"

"Don't worry, I'll show you guys the ropes before I take you to the academy, come with me"

Then she ran ahead of us.

"Ready sis?"

"Yep, let's do our best"

"Right"

Then we ran after Nemona.

When we finally caught up to her, we saw mom talking to her.

"Mom?" Florian and I say in surprise.

"Oh Florian Juliana, I hear that Nemona will be taking you to school?"

"That's right ma'am, leave it to me"

"So you two already made a friend"

We both nodded while smiling.

"How wonderful, but anyway I read about all the wonderful teachers you'll have looking after you at the school, plus so many handy facilities you can use as much as you like, add in your new friend Nemona and it sounds like your school life is shaping up to be fantastic" mom smiled.

"Now, you two will be staying in the school dorms, so I want you both to promise me you'll eat proper meals"

"Don't worry, we will" says Florian.

"Here's a bit of money for you two to start off with, I also packed you both lunch for your first day"

She handed both of us a sandwich.

"Thanks mom" I smiled.

"Thank you" says Florian.

Then she handed both of us 5 potions.

"Alright you two, have a safe trip to the academy and Nemona, please take care of them"

"Don't worry ma'am, I will"

After we gave mom a hug, she went back home.

"Your mother's so nice" Nemona comment.

"Thanks" Florian and I smiled.

"Oh, but I was going to teach you guys how to catch a wild pokemon, c'mon let's go"

Then Nemona ran ahead of us.

"This way!" Nemona called out then ran again.

"Let's go" I say in excitement.

"Last one there is a rotten Exeggcute" Florian laughed while he ran ahead.

"Hey, no fair!" I complained while running after him.