Chapter 15. Alien

Selcouth (adj)

Unfamiliar, strange, rare, and yet marvelous

Bakkhos' POV

She is the most alluring woman I've ever seen. I don't know how, but she's already captivated me like no woman has drawn me in before. It's the way her words flow between her pouty lips when she speaks, her eyes sparkle amber fires while in the sunlight and in the darkness they almost look black, her mannerisms such as the way she covered herself from my sight the last time she was here and the way she walks. It's all faultless.

When I first saw her, I was going to leave her. I was there for one man and one man only. He was already devoured by the time I arrived, but she wasn't. It makes me wonder if they chose him over her because of her beauty in attempts to preserve her to look at for just a while longer.

Her ringlet curls bounce as she walks while the wind blows through her hair.

She doesn't seem to be of this world, which is what Zuko and I both agreed on finding out. I told him about her as soon as I got back from dropping her off at the wall the last time she ventured out.

My sister waves us down while sitting with the small crowd of people in front of the fire for warmth, "what the hell are you wearing?" She laughs as she inspects Cherie's clothing.

Her face slightly pales "It's a dress. Do you think it's ugly?"

Woman here don't typically wear dresses. It would probably be challenging to hunt food and kill cannibals in a dainty dress. But she looks breathtaking in it.

Rabiah shrugs, "not ugly, just...constricting."

I watch as her gaze falls to the ground, her soft facial features scream defeat.

"I like it." I interject in attempts to see her smile.

Which she does, beautifully big.

My sister clears her throat, "Zuko requested you to meet him as soon as she got here."

Her eyes curiously meet mine, full of unanswered questions.

"Is he the King?" She asks.

King?

"What is King?" I question as Rabiah and I lead her to his home.

He doesn't live too far from me. Rabiah has a very small home right on the outside of the town since she travels a lot, Zuko and I prefer to stay here unless our Empress leads us elsewhere.

Her eyebrows scrunch together, creating a cute line between them.

"Well, a King is someone who rules his Kingdom. He creates laws and has workers to enforce them to insure everyone is following them. My King is Cassius, have you heard of him?"

My head tilts with this new found information. I've never heard of a King but they sound boring.

"No, we have an Empress that rules all our towns. She doesn't create what you call laws."

She giggles, "then how do you all know right from wrong?"

I take a moment to think about how to answer her question.

"No matter if something is right or wrong, you know. If someone hits a child, you know it's wrong. If someone catches fish and doesn't eat them, you know it's wrong. But saving you was right, even when I wasn't sent to save you."