Chapter 34. Secrets Of War

Vad (n)

Wild, untamed; uncontrolled, unregulated

Cherie's POV

I awaken to the sound of vad moaning. It's lusty and unashamed.

Zuko stirs in his sleep. I don't even remember going to bed. I remember sitting around with everyone and eventually getting tired. My head laid on Mavis' shoulder...I must've fell asleep.

He takes a sharp inhale, signaling that he's awake.

My eyes snap shut, embarrassed that I was just laying here awake and listening to Mavis have sex with whoever is in there with her.

A hum escapes his throat. I can feel his eyes on me like they are burning holes through my skin.

Don't move, Cherie. You're asleep and have no idea what's going on. I gaslight myself so I don't have to experience an awkward moment with Zuko.

As I lay on my back, I can feel him turn to face me...or perhaps he's facing away from me.

Fingertips trickle up my hip, tracing my body's slim curves. I don't have much but it's better than nothing! It tickles a little but I keep my composure by swallowing a smile.

The moans get a little louder. She's not holding anything back. Either she's faking it or it's elite. It doesn't exactly sound fake though.

Just the thought makes my stomach launch into a frenzy. Her unique silvery eyes rolling to the back of her head in ecstasy, red hair framing her face. God, she's beautiful.

"I know you're awake," Zuko's voice rumbles through my ears.

I call his bluff. He can't possibly know, my demeanor is neutral. Nobody could tell that I'm not asleep.

His fingers stop at my chin, trailing my jawline, "so, we're playing this game, kitten?"

My pulse races at his question. It was taunting, promisingly taunting.

The fur blanket is pushed to the side, cooling me down since the fur was so thick.

The light feather touch wraps around my neck, putting a light pressure against my veins. It takes everything in me to not open my eyes.

"You're cute when you're playing opossum," his voice is gruff.

I hold my breath in fear that the jagged air that escapes my lungs will give me away.

Thick lips press against mine softly.

"Kiss me back," he grunts in his sleepy voice.

His lips press against mine again but I don't oblige. I'm in too deep now.

The bed dips between my legs. My thighs rest around his hips, putting me in a vulnerable position.

Stay calm, Cherie.

Zuko hums, clearly amused by this situation.

"Let's see how long you'll keep up this charade, kitten."

His threat gives my core fiery butterflies. I don't know what tricks he has up his sleeve. It makes me a little nervous but I refuse to crack under pressure.

He chuckles, pressing his hips into mine. The pressure of him against me makes my cheeks feel hot.

Keep your composure. I tell myself, feeling how hard he is against me.