Chapter 13. Dresses

Edacity (n)

An excessive desire to eat

Cherie's POV

The next morning, Delroy and I wake up early to get dressed and ready to go to my parents house.

I throw on a cream colored dressed and put my hair up and let a few tight ringlets dangle on the sides of my face.

We stroll there quietly, just enjoying the sounds of nature and watch the slight breeze rustle through the green trees. It's warm out today. I wish I could wear a dress slightly shorter than the length to my ankles. Maybe the King and Queen will one day allow knee length dresses.

After knocking on the front door of my old home, dad opens it with a pouting Amias in his arms.

"Cherie!" Amias throws his hands up as if I cured his frustration.

I giggle and take him from my dad.

"How's my daughter?" Dad asks Delroy.

He throws his arm around me, pulling me into his side, "very well, sir."

I think I can answer for myself.

"Momma! Cherie came over!" Amias calls out as dad invites us inside.

"And Delroy!" I add, tickling his ribs for forgetting.

I keep Amias in my arms as Delroy and I sit at the table with dad. It looks like a mini tornado swept through the dining room. Amias must have been throwing a temper tantrum right before we arrived.

Momma comes out with biscuits, ham, and eggs and sets everything up on the table before serving us all a plate of food.

"This is amazing, momma. Thank you!" I sigh as I bite into the free meal that I didn't have to cook.

"Don't thank me, I love having you two over." Momma smiles as she shoves eggs into her mouth.

Memories of cooking along side her force a small tear to my eye. Growing up isn't anything like I thought it would be. I thought I'd be in love with my husband and have babies with a happy life but it's not like that at all for me.

I may have love for Delroy, I care for him deeply. Perhaps I can't feel love like a normal person, Delroy should have every ounce of my heart but I feel as if I have to force it to beat for him if I were to do that.

"I miss playing with you." Amias pouts.

My adorable little brother can't hide his feelings, we both can't. I think we get it from dad because you can always tell how he's feeling.

After breakfast, I sit with Amias on the living room floor and color on wrinkly pieces of paper. He appreciates my company as I color in a colorful rainbow.

"A pair of artists." Dad comments as he sits next to Delroy on the couch.

My husband smiles adoringly. His chin and jaw have stubble but he still looks put together somehow.

"Oh, shoot," momma hisses, "honey! Do you know where I left my work shoes?"

My eyes dance around the room in search for her white work shoes.

"They are under the bed on my side." Dad tells her.

Why on earth would they be on his si- gross.