Watercolor (Pick/Rome)

Author's note: Part 13/?? od Pick/Rome Part-time story.

Pick parked at the familiar parking lot, grinning from ear to ear as he watched Rome's confused face. 

"Where are we?" Rome asked, lacing around the place curiously. 

"You will see." Pick winked, stepping out of the car and gesturing to the younger to do the same. They walked side by side, the back of their hands brushing against each other occasionally. Pick was nervous. Was he allowed to hold Rome's hand, or was it too early? He sucked in a breath and let his palm catch Rome's tiny one. His heart was beating fast, and he was sure Rome would notice it, but the younger was busy blushing himself. Their fingers intervened naturally like it was usual for them. 

"So, where are you taking me, P'Pick?" Rome asked again. His cheeks were red as if someone painted them with watercolor, and Pick found him adorable. 

"We are almost there." Pick pointed at the building in front of them. Rome followed his finger with his gaze. 

"No way." He squeaked excitedly. 

"Yes." Pick smiled at him.

"Animal shelter." Rome beamed, his eyes sparkling. 

"I assume that you like it?" 

"I love it, P'Pick." Rome quickened his steps, dragging dazed Pick with him. It seemed Pick did a good job, taking the adorable barista here.