008

Marie lifted her head when she heard the gate to the office area open, and met eyes with Hopper. He nodded his head towards her, she stood up and looked at Joyce.

"Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" Joyce asked her son, and Marie looked down at the Byer's boy. Marie then looks over at Callahan who had approached them.

"Ma'am." He starts, but Jonathan cuts him off, and answers his mother.

"I'm fine." Jonathan says, and Joyce notices his hands.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" She asked, and we all turned to look at Callahan.

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." He tells Joyce, and Marie rolls her eyes.

"If your fat head wouldn't have gotten in the way, you wouldn't have a broken nose." She says, and Callahan gawks at her.

"Take them off." Joyce says, and Callahan shakes his head.

"I am afraid I cannot do that." He tells the mother, and Hopper is the one who glares at him this time.

"Take them off!" Joyce repeats.

"You heard her. Take 'em off." Hopper says to Callahan, who reluctantly walks over to Jonathan. He takes the cuffs off him, and walks back to his desk. Then he turns back to Hopper.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." Powell is the one to speak up this time, and everyone turns their head to look at him. He put a box onto the desk in front of the three teens, and Marie looked in the box to see guns, ammo, and bear traps.

"What is this?" Joyce asks, and Marie was still in shock at what she was seeing.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." Powell says, and even Marie turned to look at Jonathan and Nancy in shock.

"What?" Joyce voices, but Jonathan's question covers her voice.

"Why are you going through my car?" Hopper is the first one to look at him, and this shuts Jonathan up.

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" Hopper seemed angry, but not truthfully. Marie could pick up on it.

"I wanna see you in my office." He says, Jonathan just looks up at Hopper, and shakes his head.

"You won't believe me." the Byers kid says, and the older man stares down at the children.

"Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper says to them, and Marie was the first one to make her way to Hopper's office.

She had spent many nights in his office, and usually it brought her some comfort. But this time it felt like she was going to the principal's office, but when everyone else filed in and had taken a seat, she felt a little better when she realized she wasn't the one being in too much trouble.

She listened intently as Nancy and Jonathan explained what they had been working on, when Joyce pulled Jonathan him out to talk to them.

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper asks Nancy, and Nancy looks over at Marie confused. But Marie also seems to notice that Nancy looked like she needed a friend in this moment.

"I'm on your side no matter what, Nance." Marie tells the girl, and Nancy looks back at Hopper.

"It's just a theory." She tells him, and Hopper nods his head. It was then that they heard the commotion in the front of the station, and Marie looked up at Hopper.

"I want an apology!" They hear, and this causes all five of them to walk into the main area. A woman and her son were standing in front of Callahan, the little boy had his arm in a cast.