028

Marie was stood in front of Steve, he held the keys in his hand and looked at his girlfriend.

"Hey, I'm going to make sure he's okay. You go and help Nance and Jonathan make sure those kids are okay." He says to her, and she nods her head.

"I know, I'm just nervous. I mean I thought I'd never see you guys again, and now that we have to split up again, I just don't like it." She says to him, and he grabs her face in his hands.

"Listen, we're all going to be fine. We're going to close the gate again, and we're going to go back to our regular lives." He says to her, and she just stares at him.

"What about Billy? And Heather? Do they go back to their normal lives?" She asked, and he in turn stared at her, not sure how to answer it. 

"I really don't know, Marie. I mean I could only hope that they do, I really do." He says, and she just looks up at him.

Her eyes reflected her emotions, they usually did, and he could always read her like an open book when he looked into them. So as he stared down at her in this moment, all he saw was the sadness she was feeling about everything that had been happening.

So when he leaned down and kissed her, she smiled into the kiss. Allowing him to feel slightly better about what she had just looked like, so when they pulled away from one another, Marie touched his face lightly.

"I hope Hopper kicks those Russian's asses for laying hands on you." She says, and he laughs.

"Me too, but God what I'd do to Billy for laying his hands on you again." He says, and his hand grazed the bruise on her neck.

"We'll hopefully it's the last time." She says, and she could see Nancy and Jonathan coming over to them.

Marie was quick to give him another kiss, before turning to the other two. Steve watched as she looked at the two friends of her, she seemed almost like she was exhausted.

"So Murray gave us the rundown on his keys, so we're ready whenever you are." Nancy says to her, and Marie looked over at Steve.

"Be careful." She said to him, and he smiled at her.

"I will, you be careful." He says to her, and kissed the top of her head before he walked off with the crew he'd be with.

"You two are cute." Nancy says to Marie, and Marie looks over at her friend. 

Nancy and Marie had been having a harder time being friends, ever since Marie and Steve had gotten together. It wasn't necessarily because they were jealous of one another, it was because of everyone around them. 

When they had went back to school after they began to date Jonathan and Steve, people began to speculate about what had happened. Why had Steve and Nancy broke up? Why was Marie dating Steve now? Did Nancy cheat on Steve with Jonathan? Did Steve cheat on Nancy? It was constant at school, and it drove a wedge between the two girls.

"Really?" Marie says, and Nancy smiles.

"Come on, I feel like we both need to move on from what everyone has been saying about us four. I miss how we use to be." Nancy says to Marie, and then she held up her hand.

It wasn't just her hand, it was the hand that she had sliced two years prior. But the scar on the palm didn't catch Marie's attention, it was the ring on Nancy's finger that did. 

It was the ring that Marie had gotten her for Christmas two years prior. So Marie smiled and grabbed her hand.

"I miss it too, and I honestly can't believe you still wear the ring I got you." Marie says to Nancy, and Nancy smiles widely at her. At this point they had began to make their way out to the car, and the kids were all behind them.