𝟎𝟏𝟖 you could've died, maya

Chapter eighteen,

Chapter eighteen,

you could've died, maya

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

   "I don't wanna die."

   Amaya could simply hear Anika's last words echo inside her head, over and over.

   "I don't wanna die."

   Tears of hers were falling down her eyes, all while the paramedic were just about finished bandaging up her arm that was slightly cut, but wasn't a really deep cut. Allowing, Amaya to finally stand up from the back of the paramedic car, slowly approaching Chad who was simply pacing back and forth.

   She slowly poked his arm, earning his full attention until he glanced away, "I can't even look at you right now, Maya." He had simply said, shaking his own head, "What were you thinking!?" He finally turned his head to glance at her during that part of his sentence, his arms crossed.

  ". . . I'm sorry," Amaya whispered, tears of hers springing up her own eyes, "I couldn't just leave them behind there." Defending her own actions.

   He simply clenched his jaw, "He could've killed you, you could've died, Maya!" He had harshly whispered back to her, "Paloma, your dad and I were this close to losing you last night!" He had ultimately gestured with his fingers to just the amount of portion she was close to dying.

   Amaya felt her tears beginning to roll down her eyes at his harsh words, "Don't you think I know that?" She snapped back at him, "But, I didn't 'cause Anika made sure Mindy and I had crossed the ladder to the other side before she could!" She had simply reminded him, again.

   The pleads of Anika who was simply telling her to go first on the ladder 'cause she had a kid and a boyfriend had simply echoed in her head. Despite Anika losing a lot of blood that night, she had practically made sure Amaya had went before her.

   "What kind of friend would I be if I were to go first, Maya? Paloma and Chad need you. You go first please, Maya."

Chad had simply took a step back with his argument, and realized that arguing over this wasn't even her fault to begin with, "I'm sorry, it's just that. . . fuck, Maya. I don't know what I would've done if something happened." He had instantly pulled her into a hug.

   Amaya had instantly wrapped her arms around his waist, as she had softly let out a small sob against his chest, hearing his heart beating rapidly from the aftermath of last night, "I'm so fucking sorry. . ." She mumbled to him, again.