Seven

"So" I demand the moment I see Edward "Edward has been a complete jackass to me this entire time because he can't read my mind?" For the last two hours Carlisle has been answering every question I've ever had in full detail since I made it plain that the more detail the better. I'm even writing in a little manual just for vampires that I've asked for him to proof read to make sure I didn't mistake anything.

Now the Cullen children have returned home from school seeing me on the couch since I needed to use the bathroom and I made it clear that if I stayed in bed one more moment I'd go crazy. I mean I've been in bed for over a week now and I need to stretch my legs.

"Essentially" Carlisle confirms "we believe you have a gift where your able to block your mind from Edward"

"Is it the same with Bella?" I ask, looking at Edward "are her thoughts boring? Does she have any deep dark secrets? Or is her mind just as boring as her clothing choice?"

He stares at me "I can't read her mind" note to self, read Bella's diary.

"Hi" Alice pops up beside me smiling "I'm so happy you know" I wince imagine pain letting out a strained cry when she pulls me into her arms crushing me.

"Your" my voice pitched "crushing me"

She lets go as Jasper is dragged out of the room by Emmett, I grab the couch as tears prick my eyes. Did she undo my stitches? "Alice" Carlisle scolds "you just broke her stitches, here" Carlisle moves me so that he can restitch my back together.

"Sorry" she apologizes before leaving to god knows where. The only people still in the room is Rosalie and Edward, Esme has just returned with Carlisle's medical bag and some other shit.

As Carlisle does this, Rosalie comes over to hand me some cards "People at school have given us get well cards or glad you're not dead cards"

"Thanks" taking the cards from her, my phone goes off but I don't answer it. I know exactly who it's from, I set up a specific ringtone to alert me when Renée is calling.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Edward asks me

Shaking my head "It's Renee"

"You call your mother by her first name?" Rosalie asks "why?"

"She's no mother to me" shaking my head "Sue Clearwater and Tatyana have been more of mothers to me than her. Renee has never once bothered to ask about me or try to contact me, hell she doesn't even ask for me or my whereabouts whenever Charlie went to her and Bella to visit Bella"

"You call your father by his first name?" Edward asks "Bella calls him dad"

"He's not a dad" shaking my head "not to me"

"What were you doing talking to Paul Lahote?" Edward asks after a long pregnant pause of silence "didn't you make it clear to everyone and to him that you didn't want to see him?"

"He stopped me as I was driving down to this place in Forks" I say "he was in the road, don't know why I didn't run that dumbass son of a bitch over with my jeep. Biggest regret" Rosalie is smiling by my words.

"Really?" Edward gives her a look

"What?" I ask

"I was thinking" she shakes her head "that it would be funny to see that" the phone goes off somewhere and Esme goes to get it.

"More than deserves it" grumbling about that

"What did you see in him?" Rosalie asks