Twenty Three

"Making a sandwich" I hum to myself "making a sandwich for me and the baby" I've finally accepted the fact that I'm having a baby, simply when I woke up one day and none of my pants fit me also seeing myself in the mirror popping. It's been another month and my belly has grown a lot from when it looked like before, I'm pretty sure Felix got me pregnant this time since the baby seems bigger than it's supposed to be. Tomorrow I'm going to my friends graduation "Want a sandwich Leah? Seth?"

"No thanks" she shakes her head when I look her way-my mates weren't comfortable leaving me alone given how there are two wolf shifters hellbent on me not being turned, a vengeful mateless vampire who almost killed me once before and the Cullens. The last reason is self explanatory.

"I would" Seth shakes his head "but I'm on a no tuna, peanut butter with ranch diet" I scoff shaking my head. Yeah I've decided to make a tuna salad sandwich with peanut butter in the mix and ranch sauce. It's amazing.

"I could make you a regular ham sandwich" offering

"Sure" they nod their heads and I laugh making them sandwiches, when I hand them their food they dig in while I grab some barbecue chips to eat also.

"So why aren't you on your own?" I ask "I mean regarding being lone wolfs?"

"Can we even do that?" Seth asks

Leah nods her head "Mom won't let us or Sam either, they will be fine with me leaving but they won't let Seth go since he's so young and I'm not leaving Seth with Sam"

"What about no longer phasing?" I ask, they look at me "I mean did either of you even want to be wolf shifters? Or just threaten Sam with a gun saying your leaving?"

"I like that gun idea" Leah smiles. There is a knock at the door and Leah gets it "Your mates made it clear and I agree with them Cat"

When she answered it I ask "Who's at the door?"

"Don't you have enhanced hearing because of the baby?" He asks

"Not that good of hearing" I answer "so?"

"Paul" he says "he's come to try to talk you out of having the baby" Paul doesn't know me at all then, I once brought up kids and this was of course during his before he shifted where he yelled at me. He then said we would handle it if I ended up pregnant, I wanted clarity and he said an abortion while I looked at him angry and told him that if I ever had a kid that I may mot be ready for I definitely wouldn't go straight to abortion. I would need to think about it before deciding what to do. I even proceeded to tell him that if I kept the baby then I'm keeping it.

"Wolf telepathy?" I ask "please"

"Paul wants to impregnante you" I cough on my drink "make it so that you can't leave La Push or Forks, not with the baby and he knows that you won't abandon your child"

Tears run down my face "If he knew me at all" I say "he'd know I'd hate him if he tried to pull something like that"

"I WANT TO TALK TO HER!" Paul screams having me flinch, Seth gets up to put his body before me "LEAVE LEAH!" We hear growls before something breaks and Paul stormed in, he looks my way "move Seth"

"No, man" shaking his head "your not hurting Cat of her baby"

"That thing is an abomination!" He yells, looking at me "get rid of that thing in you Cat, now"

"No" shaking my head "you need to leave"

"I'm not leaving until that thing inside of you is gone" Is he here to try to kill the baby?

"Cat" Seth says to me "quickly runs upstairs and call your mates" good thug I'm able to run again, I've been doing physical therapy and I can now run again.

I quickly go as Seth tackled Paul to the ground, Leah is by my side ready to shift since I gasp seeing Paul and Seth both shifted. Pulling my phone out of my back pocket I call Jane since Felix destroyed his phone since Carlisle called him and Demetri left his phone behind. I swear they act human sometimes with how forgetful and destroying things "Catalina"

"Jane!" I yell going to the room since Leah and Paul have shifted "is Felix and Demetri there?"

"What's wrong?" Felix demands

"You need to get back now" I say "Paul is here and he's hellbent on killing the baby and impregnating me himself" I don't hear anything "Hello? Hello?" Felix must have destroyed his phone again.

I hear more crashing and a blur, looking over I see that Edward Cullen here "Alice had a vision" I stare at him "I'm here to bring you back-I won't hurt you" he picks me up and runs me out of the house, I hold onto him as he stops in the Cullen's house.

"He's here" Alice is here "along with Sam and Jacob" I don't see Bella, she must not be here.

"Their here to kill my baby?" I start to cry, Rosalie comes to my side and rubs my shoulders trying to soothe me.

"And you" Edward adds

"Edward!" Everyone yells

"Rosalie stay with Catalina" Carlisle orders, I see through the windows that the wolves are here. Seth and Leah are with the Cullens and I cry holding my belly.

"Don't worry" Rosalie assured me "Felix and Demetri will be here soon"