Sunset

Sorry for the delay guys! We had terrible windstorms out here where I live. It tore the roof off my chicken shed, and I had to fix it, so I have been kind of busy with that. It doesn't help that I have been working on my brother's house, trying to get the upstairs of it finished. Anyways! For the next few chapters, I am going to be slowing it down. I am going to be focusing on Character development and letting them enjoy themselves for a bit. The first song I am writing for this fic is just over halfway done, it has a title now! I am calling it "Clock Strikes Midnight". I came up with the name when I was writing the entrance riff, right before I hit the main riff, it sounds like a grandfather clock striking the bell. Either way, onto the chapter, and there is no set song for this one.

Everyone was still there when Clay and Peril got back from the palace. "So... how did it go?" Starflight asked them.

"The queen agrees with us, the mudwings should leave the war," Clay paused before continuing.

"I am sure that there is a but in there, am I right?" Starflight said worried about what Clay would say.

Clay nodded his head, "Correct, but it's nothing bad," Clay smiled at what the queen decided, "She is going to leave it up to the tribe, she is going to have all the bigwings decide on a vote,".

"Wow... that's actually... fair" Starflight said, shocked that a queen would give that much control to the citizens.

Sunny jumped up, "Oh my gosh, that's how it should be everywhere!"

Clay nodded his head, "I agree, even if the queen wants to leave the war, it's still fair to let everybody decide,"

Glory frowned at what she was thinking, "What are we going to do if they decide to keep on fighting?"

"There is nothing we could do... you can tell somebody anything you want to, but it doesn't matter if everyone wants to keep fighting," Starflight answered.

"The queen said the vote will be in a week, she wants all mudwings to be present for this vote," Clay said.

Tsunami deflated at that, "What are we going to do for a whole week, that sounds horribly boring,"

Clay smiled down at her, "Think of it as a small vacation, you can go and do whatever you want to,"

"Even though we are the smallest tribe, there are still some fun things to do around here," Umber said, giggling at Tsunami.

"Like what?" Tsunami said snarky, "Sleeping in the mud isn't exactly a seawing thing,"

"There are some shops, sightseeing, and there are different competitions all the time around here" Umber answered.

Peril smiled at Clay, "I would like to get to relax for a while and try out life without my firescalles for a bit.

"What do you want to do?" Clay asked her, curious at what she would pick first.

"I don't know, let's just walk around and find out?" Peril said excitedly, going out the door and taking Clay with her.

Most of the Mud Kingdom was just huts and little storage places. The middle of the kingdom was a totally different story. Almost all the houses were built out of a mixture of mud and stones, making some elaborate buildings. There were some stores, large houses, a large armory, a few libraries, and even an arena for shows, speeches, and competitions.

"I guess Umber was right, there are some things to do around here," Peril said, looking every which way. Taking in all the new sights that were around her.

Clay's stomach made a loud grumbling noise like it was angry. Clay was embarrassed, "Let's get something to eat"

Peril just giggled a bit, "Sure! if we wait any longer, your stomach is going to start digesting yourself"