Rain Rain Go Away

Onto the... last arc. Things have to be set in motion and into place for the next book. Weakness has to be shown, wills have to be broken, and sacrifice has to be made.

This chapter is going to be a bit small, I just want to say that now. But the next chapter is probably going to come out tomorrow or the next day, depending how busy I am. So... don't be too upset.

Glory flew through the night sky, looking around her as she flew to make sure nobody was following her.

Her scales being a shade of red in anger with herself, "Of all the immature things I could do!"

How could she leave her friends all of a sudden without telling them just to help a kingdom that has never helped her! She could have at least left a note...

Flap... flap...

Glory's head perked up when she heard something behind her. How did she miss the two dragons behind her?

"Finally noticed us..." Clay joked, smiling. Starflight flying right next to him.

Glory turned pale blue, "Im-"

"No, it's fine, we understand..." Clay said with a forgiving smile, "We just wished that you would have told us."

Glory turned a light shade of yellow, a small smile forming on her face, Not that I am upset that you followed me, but how did you know?"

"I know how to tell when you are upset and I know how you can act out when like that, I had Starflight make sure you were fine," Clay explained, "after he told me what was happening, I told Peril to tell everyone else what we were doing."

Glory had to suppress the next color, how did she get friends like this?

"Thanks..." Glory said with a smile.

"Come on, lets go!" Starflight said, "You can tell us about this on the way there, we are still a bit confused about everything and I have even read your mind."

Glory shook her head, a look of annoyance on her face now, "I am in the same boat, Deathbringer didn't have a ton of details on it, even he is kinda in the dark."

Clay shook his head as they all continued to fly on their way, "I still can't believe you talked to him on multiple occasions after the SkyKingdom, I am more upset about that than what you just did."

"He said he never wanted to hurt us, the NightWings would keep trying to kill us if he didn't make it look like he was attempting to kill us," Glory explained.

Clay grumbled, even after seeing Starflight nodding. Agreeing with Deathbringer's explanation.

"The first night he visited you was... surprising," Starflight muttered, "The moment I first heard you panic, I almost woke everyone up."

Clay sighed, "It doesn't matter now, but why didn't you say anything?"

Glory looked away, "At first, it was a request from Deathbringer to help keep up the act, and after that it felt like getting caught doing something wrong..."

She caught Starflight giving her a smirk, she gave him a death glare back.

Clay caught it but decided to ignore it, sighing, "I guess it's fine now since he is just trying to help, so what is going on?"

They started to fly up the SkyWing mountains, climbing up the peaks.

"Well, he started hearing rumors of the NightWings doing something with the RainWings, but he wasn't sure yet," Glory started explaining, "Not too long ago, he found out that they were planning on invading the RainKingdom..."

Starflight almost faltered in his flight, "Why would they do that, the RainKingdom has been one of the most neutral tribes in the last fifty or so years."

Glory frowned, "Deathbringer seemed like he knew but never said anything about it."

"Wait a minute... weren't they allied with Blister?" Clay said what Starflight was thinking out loud.

They all remained quiet after that, flapping silently in thought.

"So what are we going to do when we get there?" Clay asked, "I don't think it's the best idea if we just run in there and start trying to convince the queen that they are about to be invaded."

"Actually, Deathbringer said that the RainWings were suspicious of the NightWings already," Glory explained, "Queen Carinatus has been suspicious of it for a long time."

Starflight smiled, "Well... that's convenient..." jokingly.

They started making their way down the other side of the mountains, their vision being covered by the clouds.

"The Rainkingdom should be just on the other side," Starflight said.

Clay's head perked up, smelling something in the air, "Guys..."

Glory turned to him, "What?"

They came through the clouds, all of them stopping in shock at the scene in front of them.

The rainforest was seen out in the distance... burning.

Hey, I know it's a short chapter but I am on a time crunch here. I have been super busy with a bunch of things, next chapter should be up soon.