CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO | THE FORGOTTEN

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

[A/N: check out the full art on Instagram by alex_sam_uwell]

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Back in King Schlatt's land,

Quackity couldn't hold back his tears as he read the letter informing him of his little sister, Alexandra, passing. He had to do something, anything to distract himself from the overwhelming grief. His mind went to the upcoming wedding of his old friend, who he had not seen in months.

"I have to go," he muttered to himself as he hastily packed his bag and headed out the door.

As Quackity approached the gates of the kingdom, he was stopped by Schlatt, the King of the land "Where do you think you're going?" Schlatt asked with a stern tone.

Quackity's eyes flashed with anger. "It's none of your business," he replied, trying to push past Schlatt.

Schlatt blocked his path. "You're planning on seeking revenge on King Dream, aren't you? You can't just leave like this."

Quackity's fists clenched. "You don't understand what he's done to me," he growled.

Quackity stood in front of Schlatt, his eyes filled with anger and grief. "Let me go, Schlatt," he said, his voice shaking with emotion. "I need to do this."

Schlatt's expression hardened. "I understand your pain, Quackity," he said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "But seeking revenge won't bring your sister back."

"It's not just about revenge," Quackity said, his voice choking on his tears. "It's about justice for my sister."

Schlatt sighed, his gaze softening. "I know, Quackity," he said. "But there are better ways to achieve justice than by resorting to violence."

Quackity's eyes narrowed, and he balled his fists. "I can't just sit back and do nothing," he said, his voice cold and determined.

Schlatt stepped forward, his hand still on Quackity's shoulder. "I'm not asking you to do nothing," he said. "But we need to be strategic, not impulsive. Let's work together to find a solution."

But Quackity was already past the point of reason. "I appreciate your offer, Schlatt," he said, his voice quiet but firm. "But I have to do this on my own."

And with that, Quackity walked away from the office, leaving Schlatt alone to deal with his own demons. 

"You know what??! Fine!! Don't fucking come back-!!" Schlatt screams at his office door.

The king of Manburg, sat in his opulent office, the weight of his responsibilities bearing down on him. The stress of ruling the kingdom had taken its toll, and Schlatt sought solace in the embrace of alcohol. Glass after glass, he drowned his worries, hoping to find temporary relief from the pressures that plagued his mind.