Prologue

"Master Wei! Master Wei!"

Upon hearing his signature title, a man with pale skin, Silver Mercury Eyes with a fine Jawline and Flawless Skin turned to the source of the sound. His long black ink black hair swayed to his movements are response. His hair half-tied behind his head with a Crimson Red Ribbon. Wearing long dark robes, "what's wrong, a-lu?" calmly said with his deep voice. This is none other than Yilling Patriarch Wei Wuxian. A long-haired corpse standing behind him.

"J-jin! Jin Clan Disciples are burning the whole ground down!" hearing this, Wuxian widened his eyes in disbelief. "Wen Ning! Come with me. A-lu, evacuate everyone to the forest behind Yilling, I will cover you all."

Maintaining a cold, stoic face, Wuxian and Wen Ning rushed outside the cave with 'a-lu' following.

Widening his eyes at the sight, some of Dafan Wens were already injured, Jin Clan disciples burning the ground down and almost killing them. Wen Ning came and attacked each one of them, defending his family.

"A-Qing." He helped Wen Qing up, "go. Go with a-lu and take everyone behind Yilling, to the forest you go. I will buy us some time, okay?" Wuxian said in a rushed tone and was about to go when Wen Qing grabbed his wrist, "Wei Wuxian!"

Forming a cold but soft smile, Wuxian withdrew his hand, understanding Wen Qing's intention, seeing her worried face made him feel a little bit of ease.

"I won't die." he paused, "I promise." he reassured and walked off. Wen Qing watched the retreating figure who pulled out his Flute.

Qing knitted her eyebrows and felt someone tug her robes. "A-Qing.. Wei Gege..." a soft and afraid voice spoke. Qing smiled and picked up Wen Yuan and ran, "hurry!" hearing Luji, holding Granny Wen and evacuating the Dafan Wens.

They heard a sound of a flute playing and several screams behind them. They did not dare to look back as they ran, trusting Wuxian of following them.

—————————————————————

Hello. This is my first story here in WattPad, I hope you enjoyed reading.

English is not my first language so I'm sorry if there's any grammatical errors, thank for reading!

4-15-2023