Chapter 24🔞

They roamed around Cloud Recesses, never forgetting to greet the Lan Disciples who were either patrolling or wherever they are. Some even approached them and said their worries and how are yous to the Hanguang-Jun who dissappeared for almost two months and came back like nothing happened, even walking with one of the Grandmaster.

Lan Zhan was a little bit more talkative than Qiren first knew. He talked about how Wei Wuxian adopted a Wen Kid called Wen Yuan, now Wei Yuan as his adoptive son. Qiren replied every now and then, trying to keep his composure and not have the urge to ask if he was really his nephew, though he thought of that, as if someone whispered Lan Zhan is a human that is capable of having emotions and not just someone who is cold and dry and emotionless.

He looked around if he ever saw or heard someone whisper or something like that to him, as if hearing his thoughts. He got goosebumps for a moment but shrugged it off, he was so defeated inside he had no guts to be grumpy at his nephew, specially the Cultivator who managed to impregnate his naphew is here.

They talked for at least an hour, sometimes enjoying the silence, Qiren csnt deny he felt a little bit relieved that Lan Zhan wasn't saying anything like he hates him, doesn't want to see him and such.

They roamed a little bit more.

———————————————————————————————————

"Shifu, I have decided to live with Wei Ying."

They were now standing in front of the cold pond where Lan Zhan was looking at the calm water and scenery as he let out those words, sure of it.

Upon hearing what his nephew said, he choked.

"what!" more like a shock expression than question.

"Mn, I will live with Wei Ying at Demon Palace." Lan Zhan repeated wanting to be clear. "but Wangji, this is your home. Cloud Recesses is your home.." Yeah sure Qiren agreed to marry Lan Zhan off to the Dark Cultivator and he thought they might move in here but no, his nephew and his.. Future nephew decided to live at what? Demon Palace?

"Yes, and it always will be. But I do not want to leave Wei Ying's side.. I cannot ask him to live here with me for he has his own duties and responsibilities there, at Léng Tán Wei Clan." he said, gripping his sleeves, afraid that Lan Qiren would start an argument which he was not really looking forward to.

Qiren, who was rattling chaos in his mind, was debating whether he should try and convince Lan Zhan or not, though, he remembered Xichen's cold and strict words when it comes to Lan Zhan's happiness and likes, he remembered the looks of the Elders who were pale and soul almost flying to nowhere.

He put all his thoughts aside and eyed his nephew who was staring at the water. "As long as you know what you are doing, and what Wei Wuxian is doing to you, I will respect your decision." That was all he had to say cocking his head down a bit, caressing his beard, "I have to go, Wangji. You should stay until lunch time, so you can return to.. Wherever that is, with full stomachs and energy. We don't want my future grandchild get hungry." he then ended with a soft scoff.

As Lan Zhan watched him walk away, he held his stomach and just gave his uncle's retreating back a soft smile.

He again looked at the cold pond and suddenly felt a mighty but cool presence behind him and felt large firm arms wrap around his waist. Lan Zhan knew who those belonged to as he just let it be and leaned in. "when did you get here?", "just now. Xichen Xiong and I had a good talk and he mostly agreed to the things I said, is that normal of him?"
Wuxian mocked a worried tone which Lan Zhan catched.