Chapter 14

It was late at night when the fiest ended and everyone happily went back to their respective homes, Wuxian was even tipsy by drinking 8 jars of wine all on his own, if it wasn't for Lan Zhan stopping him he would've had at least 15 jars, he knows Wei Ying's alcohol tolerance is high but that doesn't mean he can't get drunk.

Lan Zhan helped Luji, Granny Wen, Wen Qing and some servants to clean up the Dining Chambers while Wen Ning tucks Yuan to sleep and helps his Master to get to his room without accidentally blowing on his flute and would cause a rotten corpse to rise up from the ground.

"n-noo! Wen(hiccups) Ning let me g—(hiccups)go!" the halls were filled with Wuxian's whining, "Master Wei you are not just tipsy. You are drunk!" Wen Ning said, trying to tame The Untamed Yilling Laozu. "I-(hiccups) still have to-(hiccups) bring Lan Zhan to the mo-(hiccups)moon bridge!" Wei Wuxian fought against Wen Ning's grip which Wen Ning didn't even let go.

"Master, you can do that once you are sober! Now let's go to your room and you should rest!" fought Wen Ning. "Wen Ning Lan Zhan is-! (hiccups) waiting! Lan Zhan is-(hiccups) important..!" Wen Ning growled and suddenly pulled Wuxian to him, when Wuxian's chest collided with Wen Ning, both of them staggered back and Wen Ning fell on his butt and Wuxian fell face first on the floor, luckily his cheek took the impact and not his precious nose that he cried on when he bumped into a tree last time.

Wen Ning gained his composure in a matter of seconds and gasped when Wei Ying lied unconscious on the ground. He panicked! Did he kill his Master? Did he pulled too hard that he broke his Master's skull?! Wen Ning that's too dramatic of you...

He poked Wuxian and Wuxian jerked, he also jerked, heart beating fast, "Lan Zhan.. Don't leave me.." He mumbled and stirred in his sleep. Wen Ning was processing the new information and after a few moments of Wuxian's motionless body, he picked him up and carried him like a sack of potato towards his Bed Chambers. Even though no one is allowed to enter here, he has no choice but to enter, once he opened the door, he broke a rule and he will gladly accept punishment tomorrow. Honesty is the best policy for Wen Ning, but rules are nothing if his Master was in stake. He put Wei Ying to bed, taking out his outer robes and letting the latter roll on his bed.

He immediately left after that and ran towards Wen Qing's chambers, he knocked on it again and again but no one answered, he figured she must be helping servants to clean up so he ran towards the Dining Chambers but stopped when he heard voices on the garden. It was Wen Qing and Luji's. He halted when he heard a familiar conversation.

"What exactly is your point, A-Lu?" asked Wen Qing.
"my point is Qing-Jie, I.. I'm.. I like— no. I love Wuxian-ge! And it bothers me so much that Lan Zhan was always there to steal his attentio—" Wen Qing slapped Luji which Wen Ning wanted to stop his sister because Wen Ning feels pity for everybody. But he stopped when he saw how raged Wen Qing was. Everyone even the Yilling Patriarch here is scared when Wen Qing is like this.

"first of all, Luji, you have no right to call Hanguang-Jun by his birth name unless he let's you. Where is your respect to his title?! He is the Second Master of Gusu Lan! Second, he is not someone who would steal anyone's attention on purpose! Have you seen how shy he was earlier?! Where is your brain?!" Qing spat. Luji was silent, holding her cheek with teary eyes. "Q-Qing-Jie..."

"my brother is not obligated to have his attention only to you. Let me tell you, Luji Kang! That those two there earlier into he Dining Hall known each other for years! And you have no right to say my brother should keep his attention to you only!" she scolded, "I didn't say tha—" Luji was cut off. "It was what you are trying to say! Luji, you are blinded! Are you obsessed with my brother? Luji, you— you told Hanguang-Jun earlier not to be so close to A-Ying earlier because it makes him uncomfortable, how dare you lie?!" Wen Qing shook Luji by her shoulders. "He is a very respected and well-known person in the whole Cultivation World, and your audacity to tell him such lies can ruin you!" Luji was now having tears running down her cheeks, he was so blinded by her love for Wuxian she told Lan Zhan to give a little distance and when Lan Zhan said in a polite manner that she has no authority to tell him what to do, out of impulse she poured water on Lan Zhan, humiliating the Jade in front of all the servants.