TWO

March 10th , 2010

~

Catalina was a nervous wreck to say the least. Today she had a football game and this game was really important to her. As usual, her family was coming out today to watch her play and the Sainz family as well was coming. But the reason why this game was important to her was because there were rumors all over social media about the real madrid coach coming today to see if anyone was worth a spot on his team in the future.

Technically, she's been in the real madrid academy before she could even remember but started playing around age twelve, like the rest of the kids. Even though right now she was only fifteen, she knew her dream was to play professionally for real madrid. It was considered to be one of the best clubs in football history, and Catalina wanted to be apart of it, just like her dad was.

Carlos who was currently sitting next to her, noticed her leg was bouncing up and her down and saw her looking around anxiously, started rubbing her thigh to comfort her. He separated her hands as she was also picking at them and he noticed spots of blood on her fingers. He quickly grabbed tissues to clean them up and kisses her hands delicately.

"Hey, look at me, mi amor." Carlos softly says as he cups her cheeks to make her look at him.

"You're going to absolutely crush it today, okay? You're going to walk out on the pitch and show everyone what you're made of."

Catalina slightly nods and softly smiles at her boyfriend as he brings their foreheads together making them touch.

"I just really want a spot on the team for next season and show everybody that I can do it. And i'm not just Mateos Fernandez daughter." She says quietly as Carlos starts rubbing his thumb along her cheeks while he listens.

"And you will cariño. You're already the best player on the academy team, even if you won't admit it to yourself. But remember, don't try and rush yourself into this. Let the opportunity come to you."

"I know...but the sooner i enter the professional football world, the sooner i can leave school and never go back." She smiles thinking about how good it would be to never see anyone from her school ever again while Carlos rolls his eyes playfully while laughing.

"Why am not surprised?"

"No, but gracias Carlos, i really appreciate you and the advice." She says as she leans up and pecks his lips. He lifts his pinkie finger and she interlocks with her as they both kiss it. It was their pre game and pre race routine that they did, to let the other know that'd they be there no matter what supporting each other.

~

Catalina was currently sitting in the locker rooms as everybody was getting ready. One of her best friends Nicolas, Nico for short, sat down bedside her as they started talking.

Nico and Lina had actually met through the academy and had been friends ever since. Most people thought they were dating but they always made it clear that they were just friends and she already had a boyfriend.

The girl was putting on her jersey which had the number 10 on it. She had always loved the number and not just because her dad used to play with it. When she was younger, she just always gravitated towards it and decided that she would use it in sports. She had hoped she could play with it if she ever made it to the Madrid team.

The game was about to start and the players lined up in the tunnel getting ready to walk out. Her family were already seated and her grandmother and grandfather had came out to see her.