SIXTEEN

It was that time of year again and currently, she was at practice talking to Sofia and Ronaldo

It was that time of year again and currently, she was at practice talking to Sofia and Ronaldo. They had a game tomorrow and everyone was tense about it, especially with their new coach, Carlo Ancelotti.

When practice was almost over, Carlo had called her over to talk to her in private and she jogged over to him. She knew they were going to have this talk soon but now that it was actually happening, it made her nervous. But surprisingly he had a small comforting smile on his face, knowing she was probably nervous. "Catalina Fernandez it's so nice to meet you alone in person finally."

She smiled sweetly at him. "It's nice to meet you too Carlo." She shakes his hand and he nods his head over to the chairs for them to sit down.

"So i know you're probably nervous right now and think you're in trouble, but just know you're not. I know you've been here for about two years now and your contract is about up, but i want you here long term."

Catalina wasn't sure if she had heard him correctly. She already knew her contract was almost over and she didn't feel to comfortable when Jose didn't tell her if they were extending it or not. Not that she blamed him though, ever since she joined Madrid, she's already caused drama between them and barcelona and the fans and shit. And most people thought she was their most problematic sign yet. But Carlo didn't seem to think of her as problematic and a drama starter.

"I know i just got here as a coach, but i've seen your dad play and i've seen you play. And believe me when i say you are better than your dad at this age and i really do believe you can bring this club to victory."

"And i really want you be an important player for this team."

She couldn't help but smile brightly at that and her eyes lit up tremendously. "Thank you sir, that truly means a lot. I'm going to do the best i can and make you proud." They stand up now and and share a hug.

"I have no doubt you will." He puts his hand on her shoulder and he lets her run off to continue a few drills with her teammates.

She ran back and jumped on Sofia's back and laughed as she was taken off guard and tumbled down with Catalina. The two rolled on their back and laid there for a few seconds before looking at each other.

Catalina started laughing first which made Sofia start laughing hard too. "Come on Cat, we have to finish training." She gave Catalina her hand and helped her up.

~

linafernandez has posted !

liked by realmadrid, nicoalexander, carlossainz55, and others

linafernandez: The wait is over! Vamosss!!

user1: can't believe she turns 19 this year. feels like yesterday she was just joining and turned 16

user2: oh...you're still here

user3: you're so sole reason i'm gay

carlossainz55: 🤍🤍

user4: we're going to win the champions league this year!!!

user5: anyone else notice how less her and carlos have been posting about each other
↪️user6: they're probably trying to keep their relationship more private now because of people like you.

~

After returning back home with her family and ending her phone call with Carlos, Catalina was simply exhausted.

She hasn't been able to sleep very much these last few weeks cause of all the stress that's been building and nothing seems to be helping. When she does end up sleeping, it's not for very long as her body is always flopping back and forth. Lana wanted to watch a movie with Catalina and Diego and even though she was behind on sleep, she couldn't say no to her siblings.

The three of them finally decided on the hunger games: catching fire and the only reason she was able to stay awake, was because of Finnick Odair. (and because of katniss screaming all the time)

Their parents have finally come home from a date night and Lana ran to her mom and Diego finally went upstairs to game. Catalina stayed on the couch finishing the movie when her father came out of his room, now in pajamas and sat beside her. He hasn't said it out loud yet, but he's been noticing the tired, drained look on her face which worries him.

"You okay Lina?" He softly asks.

She nods her head, mustering up a fake smile for him. "Yeah, just a little tired."

He nods his head understandably, as he's been there before multiple times during his career. "Don't you have a match tomorrow? You should try to get a little sleep." He suggests to his daughter.

"Yeah you're right, i guess it's just hard to stay asleep." She says while yawning.

Before she walks up the stairs into her bedroom, her dad stops her and tells her to take some melatonin just in case she wasn't able to call asleep. He hands her the bottle of which the melatonin is in and he put his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey..just remember that if you ever need anything, you can always come to me. I've been in your exact situation before and i know what it feels like when you think you're not good enough and you stay up all night staying about it."

Catalina lowers her head as he keeps taking knowing he was right and she didn't like that feeling.

"Just know that you're enough, more then what you think that you are. The people in the stands are just jealous that you are doing what they couldn't and they want to find a way to make you leave. But thats not gonna happen now is is? Because us Fernandezs never give up and you will go out there and show everybody what you're made of."

She laughs a little at his speech and throws away her water bottle. "Thanks dad, i appreciate it."

He smiles back and brings her in for a hug. "Anytime hug."

~