THIRTY

Well her first game back didn't exactly go as she had wanted it to go

Well her first game back didn't exactly go as she had wanted it to go. Of course she had expected it to happen after everything else, but a small part of her had hoped that the Madrid fans still cared about her. The worst part of it was when she came back from the world cup and the fans were waiting beside the team bus, already cursing her out. It was so bad that her coach Carlo told her to take a few weeks to relax and clear her head so she wouldn't be distracted.

As soon as her foot touched the football field and the ball, everyone started booing at her and throwing trash whenever she was close enough to them. Like always, she just ignored all the hate and names they're calling her and she continues playing the game.

There was no denying that her confidence had gone down massively on the pitch, and it was showing. This was possibly her worst year in la liga so far and fans loved that she was finally falling apart. And you know what they say, 'the one thing they love more then a hero, is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying.'

Well...she acted like she was fine and kept up a front, until she would go back home and let a few tears out.  Catalina would never let the fans have the pleasure of seeing her cry in front of them. She found it silly that she was crying at twenty four years old over something that's been happening to her, her entire life. She should've been used to it by now.

"Hey Cat, wait up!" She turned around at Sofias voice as she was putting stuff in her bag after practice was over.

"What's up?" Catalina asked her as the two start walking side by side to their cars.

"Just wanted to see if you wanted to come hang out with me and my friends. We haven't seen each other in a while."

While Catalina played for her Spain team, Sofia played for the USA team. Although it's not really playing if you're constantly on the bench for every game. What's the point of getting called up, if they don't even play you?

"Thanks for the offer, but my families coming over today. Maybe another time?" Catalina tosses her training bag into her car so she didn't see Sofia rolling her eyes, annoyed with Catalina and her behavior lately.

The two of them used to do everything together and now she was annoyed at Catalina for constantly blowing her off. And for a few fans who were upset at her for not winning something for them, she found it ridiculous that she was letting her emotions get to her.

When Catalina turned back around, Sofia hid her annoyance with a fake smile. "Oh come on! Ever since the world cup, you've been acting different. And i get it, we all have our angsty sad phase in our life but don't you think you're dragging it on now."