FIFTEEN

~

Catalina had returned home from a very long training session. Since it was still summer break for them, the team didn't do as much for practice as they normally would, but they still needed to be in shape for the upcoming season.

It was late at night and Catalina just couldn't seem
to go to sleep. It was like one am and her body just wouldn't allow her to rest, even though she was extremely tired. She was scrolling through her instagram and catching up with her friends summer, when there was a knock at her door and her dad walked into the room looking sleepy as well. "How are you feeling kiddo?"

She gave a tight lipped smile and nodded her head. "I'm good, just tired from everything y'know. But i should be asking you that question, you look even worse than I do." She decided to tease him to get the topic off of her.

Mateo gave a faint laugh and ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah well your old man's getting old."

Catalina just furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head. "You're like what, in your forties? You're just a tad bit old dad. But...is that a gray hair i see?" She leans her hand forward to touch his hair and he smacks it away.

He immediately looked alarmed at the thought of his hair already graying. "What? Where is it? Pull it out now! Catalina Fernandez pull it out!" He keeps screaming at her but trying to keep it down while she just laughs at him, putting her hand on her stomach.

"Relax dad, i was just messing with you." He lets out a relieved sigh and mutters 'thank god' under his breath.

"You better not pull any more shit like that, you hear? You also better watch your back now missy, you're next." He pointed his finger at her and she raises her eyebrows amused at the whole situation.

He tells her to scoot over so she did. Now they they were laying side by side on her bed while watching gossip girl. She had somehow managed to get her dad to watch it with her after months of him claiming he'll never watch it and that'd he hate it. But now she thinks he's more addicted to gossip girl than her and she secretly knows he loves it.

"Ugh these people are just so problematic. They're all bad friends to each other and just fucking annoying. The only person i like in the show is Nate. Chuck Bass can go to hell." Mateo rambles on about the show while still claiming he hates it.

"Right?! I'm a nate girl for life!" Catalina could never possibly understand how people actually liked Chuck Bass, especially after he literally sold Blair.

"That's my girl!" He raises his fist and she bumps it with hers and they continue watching a few more episodes. They both didn't realize how tired they were and they fell asleep in her bed, with her head on his shoulder.

~

The next morning they were woken up by a loud scream that could only be produced by one person. Lana. The dad and daughter duo just look at each annoyed and slowly move to get out of bed.

They walk downstairs and Catalina sits on the end of the sofa, leaning her head on her hand while her dad went to check on Lana. She ruffles Diegos hair making him annoyed but she doesn't care. She fixed herself a simple pomegranate mango smoothie and grabbed a banana as she wasn't hungry and decided to ask Nico if he wanted to hangout today.